Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Bench

Well, this is it. The final resting place of my baby boy with the big blue eyes. It is hard to believe that his little body is buried here. We were excited it came before Christmas. It was bittersweet.

Girlies love the bench. Sometimes they complain about going to the "cemestery" but now that there is a bench for them to sit on... hopefully they won't dislike it so much.


I am not sure if they really "get it" but this gives them a bit more of a visual. It also gives me a visual, which I am not sure if I even like. But it is what it is.

It is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. If I have to bury my little boy, this is the way I wanted it done. We put a lot of thought into what we wanted, the font, the picture, the poem on the top, 1 vase or 2. All in all, it is perfect.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

You don't know me but I found your blog through word of mouth. I have not lost a child but I call my youngest chubba wubba.

The bench is beautiful. I hope it gives you peace when you visit.

Soelbergs said...

It really is beautiful. I've been thinking of you a lot over the holidays. I'm sure it's a bitter sweet time.

Margaret said...

Yes. It really is beautiful and so peaceful. I love you. MOM

Jen said...

So beautiful!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

That bench is so beautiful!!!!!!

marinda said...

doug & britt & girls,
what a beautiful bench!
i love you all!
loves - marinda

Nilda Noel said...

It turned out so beautiful!

julie said...

That is so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Now everyone can see what a beautiful angel you have waiting for you in Heaven. Just his sweet little picture will touch all those who walk by. I continue to look up to you and Doug. You guys are amazing.

Heather said...

What a lovely tribute. I love that it has his photo on it. What a beautiful little angel! You've been in our thoughts a lot this Christmas season. We love you.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful memorial ... glad to see you had a good Christmas!

Amanda said...

I LOVE IT! Perfect! I am in tears because of how beautiful it is!