Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tribute to my chubba wubba



Daxton was born on May 31 2007 with all the hair from Heaven. I cried when I saw his perfection. He was so handsome with his wrinkly old man look. From the beginning he was a mother and father’s pride and joy. We held him every our every waking moment. I never left him out of my sight. I checked on him when he was asleep, I carried him wherever we went. He was so spoiled. His sister’s loved to hold him and love him as did all who knew him.



Early on he developed 3 cries, one to tell us he was poopy, one to tell us he was hungry, and one to tell us to save him from his sisters. I could tell every last one of them. Doug soon was able to as well as he had to tend him when I went back to work. I thought he was ready to sleep through the night, but Daxton had another plan in mind. When we would hear him, we would make a bottle, take it in, and he would hold it, but only until we were finished changing his diaper and then he would drop it and give us a “uh, uh” which meant that were supposed to hold him and his bottle.



His blessing day was beautiful. We had family and friends around us. Doug was able to bless him that he would serve a mission and raise a family. We now know that his mission is in Heaven.



One day Doug found Mikenna and Daxton on our bed. Mikenna had a mischievous look on her face and thought for sure she would be in trouble. While I am not a fan of my 6 month old eating a sucker, this was VERY hilarious.



He loved to play with my hair when I fed him. It pulled all the little hairs in the back and I would have to try to put it back and then it would fall forward again and he would grab it and just run his tiny little fingers through it again. He loved for us to sing to him when he went down. We rocked him every night. I told Doug that he was never to put him into bed and let him cry and if he did I was never to find out about it. His favorite songs were I am a Child of God and Teach me to walk in the Light. I would hum them while he was drinking his bottle. If I didn’t start singing, Daxton would look up at me with those baby blues and rosy cheeks and start to sing himself until I started. It took about an hour each night to get him to sleep. It was easier to put the girls to bed first and then him.



He loved to be outside. We went to a park in Las Vegas while Doug was on a business visit and he crawled around and climbed on everything. I thought for sure he was going to fall and break his head. He was so mad when it was time to go. I can only count a few times he was upset with me when I picked him up and this was one of them. He screamed and yelled and then when it was time to wash up he was especially upset.



Oh how he loved his uncle Danny. The bond they shared was created in Heaven. No matter who had him, even me, if Danny was around, Daxton’s face would light up and he would practically jump out of my arms or whoever was holding him to be with uncle Danny. They played many a game of Warcraft and spent many hours of homework together.



I only got frustrated with him a few times. He was my precious little boy and seriously with those blue eyes I could NEVER say no. The last day I saw him alive I put him down for a moment and he stood up to the counter, gave me a big yell and plopped down on his bottom.



When I got ready in the morning he would sit on the bathroom counter and play with a toothbrush and the toothpaste. He would get his toothpaste and slobber all over the mirrors.



every once in awhile I would find him in the refrigerator and he would have his pants down because he couldn't ever keep them on. He would yell for me to come and rescue him and of course I did, but not before I took a picture.



Mikenna and Savannah loved to help with baby brother. He received that name very early on of “baby brother.” They helped with diaper changes, with bottle making preparations, making him food, feeding him all sorts of goodies like ice cream and cake and cookies.



I remember not to long ago we were at the store and we bought an ice cream. I got a big one for me and thought I would just share it with Daxton. He ate all but three bites and was very upset when there was no more for him. He saw that Mikenna had one and she was so sweet to share with him.



He climbed on everything! He was happiest on the couch, I guess he figured he could see better up there. He would run the couches, well crawl. I had to put them together with the table in the middle because he would just jump from one to another and I didn’t want him to fall and break his head. He would crawl over to me and then give me a great big open mouth slobber, a big smile, a brief hug and he would be off again.



He loved to play on our computers, when he saw that Doug was on his computer (all the time) he would crawl over to him and with all the love and annoyingness in the world began to press all the keys you didn’t want him too.



I remember playing Settlers with my girlfriends and trying to nurse him. It was always a challenge because he would peek his head out and I would lose my concentration. I blame him for my losses for I was focusing more on him than the game.

The last day I saw him alive, I gave him many a kisses. I hugged him and smelled him and my sister literally had to pull him away. He had just began to clutch at me and he had a grip on him I didn’t know a baby was capable of. I looked at pictures while we were at Havasupai and prayed every waking moment to keep my babies safe.

43 comments:

Nathan and Jordan said...

Hi Brittany,
I'm not sure if you remember me from high school...but I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are prayers go out to you and all of your family. He was such a beautiful and sweet boy, what neat pictures....hang in there.
Love,
Jordan

Hubers said...

Hey Brittany. I know you're a great mom. I do those same things and sometimes those things are all we can do. Heavenly Father had another plan. I know he is in control.
I love you and will continue to pray for your family.
Love-
Summer

Marilou said...

Brittany,
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your sweet family are in our prayers.
Jared & Marilou Woolstenhulme

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Brittany,
This is Kamry (Batchelor). Im sure you remember who I am. We grew up in the same ward. I heard about your loss and I couldnt imagine what your going through. You guys are so strong and Im so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and I know that one day you'll see Daxton again! He was such a cutie! Hang in there! I know its tough! We'll pray for you and your family!
Kamry

me said...

Brittany~
What a lovely tribute?!? He is so perfect and you made every moment the best that a little boy could have. I am praying for your whole family.

Pepper Lovin! said...

Brittany~

I saw your mom at church on Sunday. your brother gave an amazing talk! I gave your mom a hug and told her to pass it on to you from me. I hope she did that if not Hugs! I know you will get through this we are praying for you.

Rachel

Lisa Haws and family said...

Brittany,
What a beautiful little guy. I wanted to let you know how wonderful the talk was you and your husband gave at Daxton's service. You guys and also your dad said some things that were very much a testimony builder to me. It's so true that when you find yourself in the middle of a crisis, the tender mercies all around you make you realize how much the Lord really loves you and how much he is really carrying you.
I'm so sorry for your loss and want you to know that you and all of your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Your courage and strength are astounding. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.
Love,
Lisa Haws

Jessica said...

He is such a beautiful baby!! I love the picture with the suckers--that is hilarious!

I'm so glad you posted all of this on your blog. It will be a wonderful thing to look back on in the coming years.

We continue to pray for you and will miss Baby Brother terribly.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Brittany,
What a beautiful, beautiful little boy. What truly amazing parents you and Doug must be, that our Father in Heaven would send such a sweet spirit to your home. To bless your lives. And even more, that Daxton CHOSE YOU to be his mommy!! He must have known how incredible you would be. Our Savior knows your heartache and sorrow. You said that Daxton was blessed to raise a family and to serve a mission. He still can. And his mission may have been to come here to recieve his body and bless all those who knew and loved him. What a comfort to know that you can be with him again, to raise him in a world that won't be so evil. He will know no pain, sorrow, or heartache of his own.

Brittany, thanks for your example of what our Heavenly Father wants us to be like. You are so strong. Your faith is incredible. I admire you so much. I know we haven't talked in a long time, but I think of you often. I love you Brittany, and you will continually be in my family's prayers. May the Lord bless you in your grief. (I know HE will)

Melissa said...

Doug and Brittany~
I came across your blog and hope you don't mind. I love the post about Daxton, it brought tears to my eyes. You guys are amazing (and so is the Kunz family). Hang in there. I know you've heard this many times - Heavenly Father loves you and your family. Hang in there! I'm continuing to pray for you, and I put your whole family on the prayer roll at the temple while I was at work on Sat.

Speer Family said...

Britt

I think of you everyday. I can't even imagine the heart ache. He was such a precious angel boy. I love you!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Hi. You dont know me..but I heard about your sweet baby and my heart just goes out to you. I have thought about you a TON the past few days and pray for you often. Hang in there..i know that is what every one says, and really there isnt much to say...but Hang in there and Im so sorry for your loss

Jamielynn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your little chubba wubba and baby brother. What a lucky little guy to have you as his mommy. Brittany please let me know what I can do. We are praying for you guys and we love you and your sweet family. I hope you know how touched I was at Daxtons funeral. The spirit was so strong and I know it was felt by everyone in that room. Again please let me know how I can be of any help.
Love Jamie

Jessica Steed said...

Britt,
I'm so glad you put this on your blog. It was the most beautiful part of the funeral. Now those people who missed it can read it here, and with pictures!
Jaxon prayed for you guys tonight. That's a big deal. He hasn't prayed for anything except, "bless me that I can go on an airplane" in more than 2 years.
I know God listens to the prayers of children.
I love you.
We're looking forward to seeing you next week.

Caryn said...

What a sweet post. Truly you have such strength! I loved all those pictures and I am sure you cherish them all. I think and pray for you and your family all the time. What would we do without the Gospel in our lives? You are an amazing mother.

Darin said...

Doug and Brittany

Thank you for sharing this post and photos. Carey and I were very moved by your remarks at the services and those of your fathers. It was a service that we will not soon forget and we are grateful to have been in attendance. We pray our Heavenly Father continues to bless you and your families, as we know he has thus far.

Darin

The Curry Family said...

What a beautiful tribute! These will all be wonderful memories to look back on. What a sweet baby boy! Your family is all in our thoughts and prayers! We love you!

Kate said...

This was a lovely lovely tribute. What a sweet, darling little boy! I've been thinking of you a lot after hearing your sad news from my neighbor (and your friend) Jessica S. Just know that lots of people who you don't even know are praying that you will find some sort of comfort in the days ahead.

LuckyMatt said...

I don't know you, but I found your blog through a series of links from friends I have. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that people you don't even know will be praying for you and your family to get through this.

Anonymous said...

We love you guys; as big as the sky.

Love,
Doug and Adriana

Cara said...

Brittany,
You & your husband did an amazing job at the funeral. You were so strong for getting up there. Your dad said some amazing things that have really touched me. I pray for you guys (& Lollie) every night.
Cara (Penrod) Johnson

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

What a great tribute you Daxton. It is hard to let them go for a while, yet comforting knowing it is not forever.

Todd and Andrea said...

hi kunz family,
we continue to pray for you. we pray for the Lord to lift you, comfort you, and let you know of His love for you.
your tribute at daxton's funeral was the most inspiring, heart-felt tribute we have ever heard. thank you for sharing such tender memories and feelings.
please know of our love for you.

Heather said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your sweet baby. And such cute pictures. I love the one with the red striped shirt--he looks just like Doug in that one. I was so touched by these stories and your testimonies at Daxton's funeral. It was such a sad day, yet there was such a strong spirit present. I continue to pray for you every day. Paul and I love you guys so much and hope you will call on us for anything you need in the difficult times ahead.

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

Kunz Family,

We don't know one another. Except that your experience was shared with us through mutual good friends the Perkins (Darin and Carey).

We wish that there was something super spiritual we could say or to be able to ease your grief.

We have prayed for all of you and we know that our Heavenly Father answers our prayers.

May life spring eternal in everything you do,

The Sharps

Michelle said...

Beautiful post, Brittany. Just beautiful!
Hugs and thinking of you all!
Matthew sends his hugs too! :)

kristi said...

I will continue to pray for your family. I am so very sorry for your loss. He was beautiful.

Kristin said...

You have no idea who I am , but I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. This tribute was so touching. I am amazed at your strength. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but thank you for sharing that sweet glimpse of your beautiful little boy with so many people. I am touched. You have a beautiful family.

Brooke said...

Britt, I love you and miss you. It was really hard to leave you yesterday. I wish we lived closer to eachother. I've always wished that. I envy your friends that get to see you every day. I hope they know how lucky they are. I miss the days when it was always Britt and Brooke, never one or the other. Cuz we were always together. Please know I am here for you always ok. You are such an amazing mom, you strengthen me more than you know.I only wish I could do so much more for you. Daxton couldn't have had a better mommy to spend his year with. And you'll always be his mom. I'm glad Rylie and Mikenna started a little friendship/cousinship. (is that a word?) Rylie loves her cousin. :) I hope they can have a life long bond like we do.
p.s. i accidentally deleted my comment, so i re-posted it. that's why it says comment deleted. oopsy.

Bradford family blog said...

God Bless you and your family! What a beautiful tribute to Daxton! Love you! Jaime (Bradford)

Natalie and Logan said...

Logan and I miss you and your family so much. We think about you everyday and continually are praying for you. We put the cute pictures that you gave us of Daxton and the kids up in our apartment. So, we'll always be thinking of precious Daxton and your family. Logan has been having a rough time getting back into work and I know that is how your whole family feels. I love you so much. Thanks for letting me play with your sweet little girls last week. Keep in touch and let me know if you're going to be coming out this way this summer. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittney and Doug,

He is such a precious little boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with ya'll during this difficult time. We love and wish ya'll all the strenghth to help get you through this.
Loves,
Becky and David

Joy said...

Brittany-
I'm still thinking about you guys every day. Your tribute is beautiful...what a darling, sweet little boy. I hope things are going okay.
Love, Joy

Melody B. said...

I don't even know you and yet I sit here with tears streaming down my face for your loss. Reading your tribute to your sweet little boy was VERY touching (I have a 20 mo. old little girl who sounds a lot like your son). He seems like such a sweet and happy little guy. And you seem like a WONDERFUL and very loving mother. I can't imagine the hurt and intense pain you are feeling right now, but I pray for peace to be in your future.

P.S. I am a friend of Kisha and of Stacie R. ( I saw the comment that you left on her blog).:)

julie said...

Doug and Brittany,
We just found out a couple of days ago. We just got internet and phone after living in our new house for 3 weeks. If we had known sooner, Christian would have flown out for the funeral. He has never forgotten how much it meant to him that Doug supported him when his mom died. We wish we could have been there for you guys. Our heart is breaking and we cannot even imagine what you are going through. You guys are so incredible with everything you have gone through. Just know that our thoughts, and prayers are constantly with you and we would do anything for you. Christian has been trying to call, but we understand that you may not want to answer the phone. Please have Doug call Christian when he is ready to talk, 706-814-7128.
Love,
Christian, Julie and family

Claire said...

I've never met your family, but we seem to have some mutual friends... I am so very sorry to hear about your beautiful baby boy. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Claire & Family

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

Hi Brittany I wanted to thank you for posting your tribute, I was scheduled to work that morning and couldn't get out of it. I thought of something as I read your words, If you couldn't say no to those precious baby blues, just imagine what kind of missionary he is up there with all of our ancestors! He definitely has a job to do!

arah said...

I am so sorry to read about your loss. You don't know me, I just happen to come across your blog. I also lost a child, just last year. Give yourselves time. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You wrote a beautiful tribute about your handsome little man.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

Britt,
My heart aches for you as you go through the grieving process. I have always been amazed at what a stong person you are. Your family is beautiful and it was such a lovely tribute to your chubba wubba. You are in our thought and prayers constantly.
love,
Tiff

Kelly said...

Hey Britt -
I enjoyed reading Doug and your memories of your sweet boy and looking at the adorable pictures. I'm sure your memories and faith are what are keeping you strong. You guys are in my prayers, may God continue to bless you and your family.

Love
Kelly

MaRilla said...

Britt I just went to one of your friends blogs and saw the post she put of you and her and your friendship. That was beautiful. I just cry every once in a while for you and can not imagine what YOU must be going through. I love you so much, that is all I can think to say. You are an amazing example! Thanks for being you! I tell your story of Daxton often and you should see the tears that I get out of people... no but seriously there are so many people around this world that I am sure are thinking of you daily and praying for you. I love you and your little family. Tell Doug thanks for sharing his tribute also. It is wonderful to hear from you guys!
Love ya, Rell

Emily said...

I just found this site through my sister in law and found myself reading as much as I could. We have a little boy and when I read I was so sad, yet so touched by your words.

Rhonda said...

What a sweet tribute to your son! I love the picture of him in the fridge! Such incredible memories in such a short time.