Oh dear Mikenna,
Today when you were painting my nails I was cracking up. You told me to keep my toes still until you were holding them and then you said it would be ok for me to move them because you would keep them still. It was pretty hilarious.
Then it was Savannah's turn. She was sitting on the floor and that just wouldn't do, so you went to grab a chair and told her to "sit like this" and you demonstrated how you wanted her to sit. When she got antsy and wanted to move you told her to hold still one more minute. It would be ok.
I love the way you take care of her. You are always looking out for her and keep her in your mind. You are such a good little big sister. I am so lucky to have you.
I love to do your hair. You are such a chatterbox and it is good time for us to spend just one on one. We actually get a lot of that time when Savannah is at school. You brought a paper home the other day that said to check either half or full day kindergarten. You promptly informed me that you wanted to do all day kindergarten. I don't know what I will do without you next year if you are gone all day. You are only little once. We shall see what I do :).
I enjoy laying by you at nights. I crawl up the ladder 20 months pregnant and lay by you, begrudgingly sometimes that I started such a tradition, but grateful nonetheless when you still want me to lay by you, even if you are mad at me. Which of course NEVER happens.... like tonight :).
You are just starting to learn to read and it is really fun to see you grow and learn. I was getting a kick out of it. Your teacher finally said it was time to send home the "reading" worksheets and I think you will pass them with flying colors.
I think I spoil you too much. But I think I spoil all of you too much. That is ok, because I only get to spoil you so much and then I won't be able to spoil you anymore. Life is too short. It changes too quickly.
Always remember that mom and dad love you. Always remember to watch over Savannah and keep her safe from harm. You are the best. I love you big as the sky.
2 comments:
Hi there!
I follow you're blog (and love it) and I'm in your mom's ward. Music has helped heal me through so many trials in life, and without it I wouldn't function.
This afternoon while I was working in my office and listening to the music on my blog -the song, "Something Perfect" came on, and I thought of you. (you've probably already heard it.)
Anyway with the coming arrival of your new little one, it made me think that...there is "something perfect happening here".
(I tried to ignore the prompting to tell you - but figured I'm trying to listen these days!)
You're in my prayers.
~Krista Darrach
The song is on my blog(it's towards the end of the playlist)
Mikenna is such a cutie...reading all the things you say about her reminds me of Rylie...I think they are a lot alike. She is a beautiful little girl who looks just like her mom. :) These letters you are writing to your kids will mean so much to them someday. You should write them down in case the blogging world ends. ;)You probably already have.
Post a Comment