Daxton Box
I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com
Friday, January 2, 2009
Baking our hearts out!
Because it is tradition to make goodies for all friends and family, I decided to recruit my girls for help this year. They actually did wonderfully, don't worry folks, we washed our hands about a million times!
Savannah was our official rollo wrapper opener and placement coordinator. Just in case you are wondering how to make this delectable treat..... the square pretzels go on bottom, with rollo on top, cook at 200 deg in oven until melted and then place a whole pecan on the top to squish down the chocolate. They are ever SOOOO tasty a treat. Thanks Savannah!
Doug insisted on getting pictures of his future Martha Stewarts, so here we are....
Mikenna had the very important job of sprinkling the pretzels after they had been dipped. She thought it was actually very hilarious. She had a few favorites to eat after she was all done. Isn't she just adorable? Of course!
Delivering the treats is the NEXT best thing to making them. I made them and Doug took the girls to deliver them in the neighborhood after I went to work. They dressed up for the occasion in their hats and gloves and jackets. Not sure it was that cold, but Doug likes to have an excuse to wear his "winter" items.
Yes my girls are about the cutest I have ever seen. I know I am biased, but I am the mother and that is my right :). Once again, hope you all had a Merry Christmas (and yes mom, those gloves are the ones from the wedding, the ones that didn't come cheap... but it was Doug who let her wear them, and look on the bright side, at least they aren't lost.... LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
those treats look very tasty and the girls look adorable in their "winter" attire! (and you look fabulous of course!) bring them to utah or idaho and they will have a real reason to wear their hats and gloves! we got a foot of snow Christmas night and it is snowing right now as we speak. :)
I am glad that at least Mikenna is wearing them. We may need them shortly though. Keep track of them. Love You.
Oh so cute! They are adorable - you don't have to be baised to see that!
I bet they had so much fun!
Your children are beautiful!
mmmmmm...rolos....
You are such a great mom! You can tell they were having a blast helping you, and those treats look yummy! I agree, they are the cutest girls, after my Katelyn of course:)! Thanks for sharing these fun pics of you guys.
Those are some really cute pictures, Brit! Makes me feel very guilty for skipping most of the holiday baking this year! I did make my favorite cheese dip a couple of times, but I'm terrible at candy. I bet I could figure out the pretzel-rollo-almond thing, though.
Post a Comment