Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update on Isabella Kate

It has been decided that from this day forward, she will either be called "Isabella" or "Kate." We have no plans for a 'nickname.' :)

Doug has also started a new tradition for our babies. We are taking a picture of her every day for 30 days. Should be fun to watch her grow. Here are the first five days.

DAY 1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
This is Isabella's BIRTHDAY. 7 pounds 10 ounces, 19 inches long. When she came out she looked SO big. She isn't really that small, but I thought for sure she would weigh at least 8 pounds. The night before my mom and I were getting ice cream and decided on what we thought the weight was going to be. I said 8 pounds 1 once and she said 7 pounds 10 ounces. Funny she was right!

DAY 2:
After her first bath. The t shirts at the hospital were too small. Luckily I brought her some clothes from home. This onesie was Savannah's when she was born. By the time I had the chance to put it on Mikenna she was too big, so I am trying to be better.

DAY 3:
Being held by Granny (Doug's mom) and showing off her bracelets. What a sweetie!!!

DAY 4:
WELCOME HOME Isabella. Isabella LOVES her binky. She is my first baby to even take a liking to it. I think it will come in handy in LOTS of situations. It has already helped when making dinner, in the middle of the night, and when her big sisters are holding her. The girls think it is fun to put their finger in the middle of the binky and have her chew on it.

DAY 5:
I love this little polka dot outfit. And this blanket is as soft as it looks. We were at the store and there was a little girl who kept saying, "teddy bear" and pointing to the blanket.

DAY 6:
I think I am addicted to this baby. Isn't she ADORABLE!!! I made this blanket and crocheted the edges. It is not fully appreciated since you can't see it :) but I will forgive my husband. LOL

And those are Isabella's first 6 days. Hope you enjoyed!!!

21 comments:

Heather said...

I love the "picture a day" idea! I'm totally going to steal it when I have my little guy! She just gets cuter and cuter!! Congrats!

me said...

OH Me OH My!! What a cutie pie! I am so thrilled for all of you. Pacifiers are very handy until you lose one in the middle of the night Bought three from the hospital to help that issue. My preschoolers love the pictures because we were praying for you on Friday. They love to see her big sisters too! Thanks for sharing

GlendaJo said...

Doug Brittany Savannah Mikenna You guys are so lucky to have such a darling baby Glad she is healthy and happy The pic a day is a good idea looks like she changes so quickly. Glad she has such good tenders and its a good thing for the BIG Sisters!!! Glenda Jo

Jessica Steed said...

You are allowed a baby addiction.
Those pictures of Isabella Kate are so beautiful!
I love the blankets, too.
She's such a lucky little girl (and you're a lucky mom!)

I'm looking forward to seeing you next week!

Hubers said...

She is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!! How sweet.

Gel said...

She is so cute!! She doesn't look like any of your other kids. She for sure is a Kunz. I can't wait to see her..

Lisa Haws and family said...

Britt,
She is DARLING!!

Janet said...

Wow she is so darn adorable Good Luck and have fun with her!

Nilda Noel said...

congratlations.

Anonymous said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Kelly said...

Oh my, she is so very beautiful!

My niece's name is Izabella Grace (my brother wanted the Z because it's a Jimi Hendrix song).

She has been called:

Iz
Iza
Izzie
Bella
Gracie

Personally, I like Bella since it means beautiful.

Congrats again, and thank you for sharing her with us!

Jennifer said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! I love the name and completely agree with the no nicknames. Isabella fits her perfectly. Congrats to all of the family.

Joy said...

What a darling little girl! I really like all of the pictures...great idea! I hope all is well for you and your little family.

Nunes Family said...

Brittany, I just have to say your baby girl is sooo cute! I have never come forward and wrote anything on your blog but I do love reading it. I found it blog hoping hope you don't mind. I just want to let you know that you are such an inspiration. I have never had to go through any trial as hard as yours. But you have helped me understand to take life slow and enjoy every min of it! Thanks!!


Congrats on your baby girl.

Britani

jen said...

Day 6: What about those lips! Do you smother her in kisses every minute? I always felt that was my one privilege as the mom that no one else could do!

Miss KatieBug said...

You don't know me but I have been keeping up with your blog for a while now. She is so cute, cherish those moments.
littlekdbug.blogspot.com

The Madsens said...

omg i didnt know you already had her congrats shes so cute! take care we love you
Thanks
Kurtis and mandi

Katie said...

She is so adorable Brittany! Hope you are getting plenty of rest! We need to get the girls together and play soon! Call me anytime!

IH-Texas said...

She is a little beauty! Love the picture a day idea! Have to remember that for next one. Love ya! Aim

Taylor Anne Vail said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL!...I love her name too. I hope you enjoyed your flowers, I wish I could have been down there when everyone came to deliver them. You are in my prayers.

Angie said...

I LOVE your idea of a picture a day for 30 days. What a neat thing to look back on when she's older.

Isabella Kate is a beautiful baby! Congrats to you guys and hope you are healing quickly!!