Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Mother's Heart

A wise friend told me, and I paraphrase, "I imagine the heart has many rooms. Hopefully this baby will fill one of those rooms." I know I didn't get it right, but one of those rooms in my heart has been filled.

A wounded heart has many empty rooms and I am sure it takes many years, moments, and memories for them to be occupied. I am sure they will never all be full, but it helps to have one more room filled.

Isabella has filled one of those rooms for me. She just melts into my arms. She actually doesn't look a lick like my other children. She looks more like my husband's family and up until this point, my children have taken to looking like my side of the family.

She is adorable with her button nose, chubby cheeks, tons of hair, and I have decided that bracelets aren't that annoying when they are custom made :). There has been much love and joy that has entered into our home. I am grateful. I am grateful to have my arms full again.

10 comments:

jen said...

I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every minute, as I know you will.

Speer Family said...

I'm so glad you have that darling little girl to hold and snuggle on!! Love you!

Krista Darrach said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. That is great for your family.
Much blessings your way!
~K

Angenette said...

I'm so glad you have your little Isabella! She is beautiful. I'm sure Daxton is overjoyed that an empty room in your heart has been filled now, too.

I couldn't believe how much healing took place when I had Alex. I'll never stop hurting for losing Jacob, but having Alex seemed to dampen the rawness of the pain. I hope you are able to find the same is true for you. I love you!

Jessica Steed said...

What a wonderful new turn in the story of your life.
I wish you all the joy that a new baby brings, and a little extra sleep as well.

Hubers said...

I'm glad to hear happiness. It brings warmth to my heart.
Love.

Bartel's said...

CONGRATS!! What BEAUTIFUL babies you make!! I'm sure she'll be spoiled rotten. (if not already) Thinking & praying for you.
~Kristi

Jenna said...

She is seriously perfect! Congrats I am so happy for you guys!

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful news. And I love the name Isabella. Beautiful.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

She is beautiful! I want you to know that you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy holding that little bundle--that is the greatest feeling!