Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Beautiful Girls

Savannah:

Oh my dear sweet Savannah. How do I count the many ways I love you? Tonight you wanted to listen to music to go to bed, but we were in Uncle Adam's room and I am too blonde to know how to turn on the iPod home, so I asked if it was ok if I sang to you. You said that would be ok. So we sang "I am a child of God," the song we sang at Daxton's funeral. You knew all the words. I am not sure why I didn't have you sing it at the funeral. It would have been lovely :). Then we sang "Twinkle Twinkle" and you sang all the words. After that I think you had one more song in you. "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." You were out before I finished, snoring your little heart out.

There is never a dull moment when you are around. You always bring a smile to my face, even when I am frustrated with you, or when you repeat all the endearing terms I use to discipline you and your sister, like, "mind your own business," "be nice," "I'm so frustrated." You know them all and you repeat them.... much to my well, it is my fault I guess.

At church you have to say "hi" to all your favorite people and they all love you. There is no getting you to Primary unless you have made the rounds. Everybody loves Savannah. You truly are a special little girl.

Tonight at the dinner table, you batted your eyes, and in your sweetest voice asked, "Papa Craig, me have a question." "Papa Craig, me have a question." I corrected her, "I have a question." "Papa Craig, I am have a question." In the meantime, Adam and Daniel (my brothers, your uncles, are asking if they can say the prayer). Finally, you got his attention. "Can I say the prayer?" Last week, we gave Logan a turn and it just broke your heart. I guess Papa couldn't resist or torture us another week, so he let you say it. You ran over and gave him a big kiss. We told you to sit down at the table and you looked at us and said, "I'll be quick." Oh you are a hoot!!!

At grandma's tonight, you were trying to get your uncles to give you what you wanted. In the midst of all that, they would make you tell them who was your favorite. It was very funny. You really know how to get what you want with your little smile. Sure love you little sis!

I think I just might be a little sad tomorrow when you have to go back to school.

Mikenna:

Daddy and I were talking the other day about what a special little girl you are. To have a special sister like Savannah and a special brother like Daxton, Heavenly Father sent you especially for us, because you were so special. You are a great "big" sister to Savannah. You look out for her and keep her in line. Sometimes you forget I am the mother... but I know I forgot a time or two when I was your age, bossing my siblings around :).

Tonight you reminded me that we needed to read scriptures. You like to find the pages when I tell you the numbers. You are pretty independent in just about everything and you really like to do it by yourself. Your little temperament is very similar to mine and I have to remember that most days.

We have a picture viewer that we have put pictures of Daxton on and whenever you are sitting on the couch you turn it on so that you can watch him. Tonight you were watching it and telling us all who was in the pictures. I know how you miss your little brother. You have such a tender heart.

When you pray, you pray that we will choose the right so that we can live with Daxton again. I hope that this will always be the case. That you will always choose the right, no matter what. I hope that I can teach you and be a good example to you. You are such a special little girl.

I love to hear you giggle. When your uncles tease you, you are so patient with them and you giggle when they chase you or when they are playing with you. It is fun to watch you grow. Sometimes you get a little upset that Savannah is in first grade and you are just in pre-K, but don't let the years pass to quickly for me sweetheart. They will come and go soon enough.

The other day I heard you in the playroom with you books and you read the word "cat." I was so impressed. I stopped doing what I was doing and just listened to you. Then you came running in all excited about the cat you drew. I made a big deal about it and the look of happiness on your face said it all. You and Savannah built a fort the other day and were so excited to show me. I couldn't believe you did it all by yourself and you were so considerate to think of Savannah. She couldn't climb over the top so you had placed a chair for her to climb on and jump into it. I am not so sure it was the safest thing to do, but you are so thoughtful of her needs.

I love you both so much and will miss you a tinge when you go back to school. :)

6 comments:

Hubers said...

What a good mom you are! So special and sweet.

maricela said...

I was gone for the month of December and just caught up reading your blog. You amaze me with every posting, you are a great DAUGHTER, SISTER, WIFE, MOM, FRIEND, NEIGHBOR, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY AN AWESOME HUMAN BEING that inspires all of us to do GOOD. May Our Lord bless you always for blessing us everyday with your inspirational life. I read your blog to help me with my life and you help me every time by sharing your beautiful family with all of us. I learn something from you everyday.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
maricelasalinas365@hotmail.com.

julie said...

That was beautiful. Your girls will cherish this post.

Angie said...

I got rather weepy reading these very sweet letters to your beautiful girls.

Margaret said...

I Love your little ones. and I love spending time with you and am so grateful you are close by. Love you more than you can imagine. MOM

IH-Texas said...

Britt,
You are a special mama to have 4 special little ones! I miss you and wish i could be near you. Love ya! Aim