Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The almost Perfect Day

I was pondering last night... What should I do to leave a lasting impression on my girls if something happens to me tomorrow? I know MORBID, but I always get a little nervous before I go in for major surgery (having a c section is not just having a baby) and I have seen WAY to many, all of which have had good outcomes, but sometimes knowledge isn't always power, just paranoia.

Today was an almost perfect day. I kept the girls home from school....... was beginning to wonder at about 2pm in the afternoon when I was SOOOOO trashed, I could barely keep my eyes open. BUT we had fun. We slept in, ok I slept in until 830 and then we had breakfast, played 3 games of Candyland, 4 games of Dominos, and took a break after an hour to watch a movie and play "pay." This game is done with a cash register and various items from the house to "pay." It keeps the girls busy for at least 30 minutes.

While I got ready for the day, they watched a movie and played this "pay." Then off to the store to buy something.... what little girl or big girl for that matter doesn't love a little retail therapy. I went to just get baby shampoo, go figure I didn't have any. What would have cost me 3.27 now cost me 28.27 because we walked out of their with a shirt and socks or tights for each girl. But they loved it.

Then we went to the cemetery to have a picnic at Daxton's grave, consisting of ham and cheese, yogurt, oranges, and grapes. It was fun and we were able to put new flowers in the vases.

After the cemetery we went home to take a little nap before the twins arrived as requested. And we spent hours holding, feeding, changing, and loving on them. The girls think it is so much fun to play house and tend to the twins.

Off to therapy for Savannah and Mikenna off to a friend's house for some more fun. And if the day wasn't full of enough excitement, we ended up at the Outback for dinner, Golden Spoon for guzzert (as Savannah calls it), and a walk when we got home (by this time it is 730 and all I want is my BED), came home, took a bath, read 6 books, and Mikenna read us one as well. Then our nightly routine and everyone tucked in soundly at 845.... ish. Hopefully they won't be too tired for school tomorrow.

Oh and did I mention we added laundry, taking out the garbage, cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes? Yes I am DEFINITELY ready for a little McDreamy (no not bed, Grey's Anatomy).

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck and hopefully all goes well tomorrow. If it doesn't, know I love all of you and thank you for your prayers, kind words, and thoughts, truly, I do.

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Brittany,
I've been following your blog since the passing of your precious Daxton. I've never commented before but I wanted to come out of lurkdom to tell you that I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow.
Best Wishes,
~Deanna

Love Haze said...

Brittany -
Good Luck tomorrow!!! Lots of Love to you and the family!! (:

I can't wait to see pictures of your precious baby girl.

Love, Tamara

the lucas' said...

Sounds like a great day!!! Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about it and to meet your new sweet daughter. You are in our prayers. :)

Carli said...

Good luck tomorrow! You are such a great mommy! I read your blog everyday!

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

GOOD LUCK SUPER MOM! You're the best and I'm excited to see this precious darling of yours!

The Pink Owl said...

Good luck today! May God richly bless you, your family and your new little one! You are such a wonderful mom. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me and the twins be a little part of your "almost perfect day". I love you and your family so much, and Doug and the girls and I can't wait to meet baby cousin.

jen said...

Let us know as soon as you can. All will be wonderful today. All of it.

Sarah said...

Some days you just need to do what they want! And you did it wonderfully!

Good luck and our prayers will be with you!

Melissa & Phil said...

Brittany,
Good Luck!! We are thinking of you!!

Love,
Phil, Melissa & Hayden