Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, January 19, 2009

Letters to my family: Savannah

My dear sweet Savannah,

I had so much fun with you today making cookies. I love the big grin you get on your face whenever you help me in the kitchen. It makes you so happy to help me in the kitchen.

I love that you love babies. You love to hold them to love them to kiss them. You do such a good job tending them and you always have something to give them.

I think that your favorite color black is hilarious. You use it to color everything. I have secretly hidden all the black crayons or thrown them away. Sorry. One day you will forgive me.

Your love of presents or boxes in the mail, whether they are for you or someone else is a hoot. I love to see how excited you get when other people open their presents or when you open yours. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as it is wrapped.

I love to go shopping with you. It is always an adventure. You tear down the isles of the panties and socks and get soooo excited I can hardly believe it. It is truly inspiring to see the simple things that make you happy.

Your smile. Enough said. I scroll through pictures or look in your scrapbook and wow. You always have the biggest sweetest smile. It takes up your entire face. It is awesome! You inspire me to be better. You inspire me to have a positive attitude. You inspire me to have patience.

The phrases you pick up from me. Well sometimes they are less than stellar from my mouth and not much better from yours. I always have to be careful what I say... but it really is funnier when it comes from you. "Hold on" seems to me your favorite right now and I am embarrassed to repeat any more here.....

You are such a snuggler. Mom loves to lay by you when you go to bed or take a nap. You just wrap your arms around me and fall asleep. It is truly sweet. I just love it. I just love you.

Little Savannah. You have brought so much joy into my life. You are such a blessing to those who know you to all those who associate with you or meet you. Each Sunday we make the rounds. We say hi to the same 5 special people in your life and you always have to see them before we can get you to concentrate on going to class.

I hope that you always keep your innocence. I hope that you will always remember you are loved by mom and dad. I hope that you always remember to keep a watch on Mikenna and keep her in line :) or listen to her anyway, because I am not sure who is more bossy.

You are the best little babe. I love you big as the sky. You are my best friend :).

5 comments:

Larsen said...

She is so adorable

Gavin's Mom
Michelle

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

"Seriously!" That was my favorite this last visit...every time she said it, I heard you. She really is just the cutest girl ever! Thank you for allowing me to grow so close to her, another of your precious angels. My life will never be the same after all the time I've spent around that sweet spirit of hers :)

Love you, Savannah!

Brooke said...

That is a very sweet letter to Savannah...what a cute mom you are. She is such a sweet girl, I just love her. I hope this last week before baby is born will be a good one. Get lots of rest!! Fight off that whole "nesting" urge! It's for the birds, right? :) Sleep is more important. Love Brooke

julz said...

My favorite is the story Bret told me of before I came into primary. There was a kid saying something that bugged Savannah and she turned to them and said.......ZIP IT!!!!! I laughed so hard

kristi said...

Very sweet! My son is Autistic and he takes such pleasure in simple things.