Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, June 7, 2010

Holding Her, Missing Him

It was 2 days ago 2 years ago that I left my little baby crying for me in my sister's arms.

I will never forget that day. I remember how he held me tight. I remember the tears on his face. I remember his chubby little arms and his chubby little legs and his chubby little cheeks. And I miss him.


I was holding Isabella tonight, getting her to sleep. She held me tight. She has chubby arms. She has chubby legs. And she has chubby cheeks. She loves kisses, hugs, kissy faces, dancing to the music in the car, wearing her sunglasses, putting on lip gloss. Oh and she LOVES her mama.


As I was in and out of sleep laying by her getting her to sleep, it felt like I was holding HIM again. It felt like I was loving HIM again. And the tears streamed down my face.

One day. Just not today.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

YUP..ME TOO. I has to stop and give hugs today... Started off with memories... LOVE YOU ALL

Kristina said...

There are no words... been thinking of you.. a lot

Kami Milliron said...

I feel these same things all the time. Sometimes I will sit and watch Josh - weather he is awake or asleep - and I will think about Elizabeth. I wonder if she looks more like Josh or Douglas. Or maybe neither. Maybe she has her own sweet, girlie features. Then I wonder what her personality is like. It's weird having a child that you have given birth to and have looked upon with your own eyes - but you have no idea who they are or what they are like. Not in this life anyway.

It is amazing to me how much Isabella and Daxton look alike.

Rusty and Jacquie said...

I told Rusty last night can you believe it is 2 days till it has been 2 years for Daxton? Before I read this...I am thinking of you often. It's like a marathon of anniverseries for you...I am praying for you often.

I remember that last cry VERY clearly. How could we forget? Well, I love you Brit.

Evanstown said...

You will be in my prayers. I get a lot of strength from reading your blog, it helps me deal with my own grief.
Some day we will hold our little ones again.

Much love,

Cecilia

Heather said...

so sorry Brittany. You have been on my mind and in my prayers all week. Love you.

Stef said...

Can't even imagine. Makes me realize I need to hold my little ones more often and more tightly. Thanks for the reminder.

the lucas' said...

Thinking of you today. :)

mommyof6 said...

thinking of you today!!

julie said...

We have been thinking of you and your family lately. Shed a few tears for you. Sending more luvs, hugs, and prayers your way. I am so glad that you will be able to spend this time with Stepahine again.