
I bought this tree last year as a "gift" to myself. In the picture it doesn't look quite as elegant as I think it is. I bought silver ornaments and picks (because they are easy to move on and off the tree) AND it is pre lit, which is SUCH a bonus. It was a most expensive tree, but I think it was worth it.
That stepping santa in the corner provided hours of entertainment for Savannah. He goes up and down and up and down singing 4 Christmas songs. A bit obnoxious, but hey Savannah liked it. I can't help but think that Daxton would have loved it too. He might have pulled Santa off the ladder or stepped on the lights, but alas that was Savannah's job this year.

I had one of my very best girlfriends make a stocking for each of us for Christmas. Doug a toy soldier, me Mrs. Frosty, Savannah santa, Mikenna gingerbread girl, Daxton angel, and Baby sister elf girl. They turned out better than I could have imagined. When she was telling me about what she wanted to do with Daxton's angel stocking, I knew she was something special. I knew that she was doing her best and she wanted to make it special. I don't really know how to explain it, but thank you my friend.

I made these blankets for the girls and I. Doug I think felt left out so I made him a fleece blanket unbeknownst to him.... which I think he loves :). Well hopefully! The girls have to sleep with them every night. Makes me feel kinda special. As I was making them, Mikenna would ask me if she could have one and I kept telling her.... maybe :).

A tradition started BACK when I was a kid, taking pictures by all our stuff we got for Christmas. I believe that I will carry on this tradition. We always leave out treats for Santa, of course, and then in the morning we sing a song that only I know the words to, one day Doug will too and so will the girls. And sometimes we just make them up. LOL. And then Doug goes to see if Santa came. He leaves stuff on the couch with stockings full and a few presents under the tree. Santa left a note saying that he gave Dasher and Vixon LOVED the carrots and Santa knew that those were their favorite reindeer. The look of surprise and disbelief on Mikenna's face was priceless. How in the world did santa know?

This is the Daxton tree. I know it looks really sad. But it is mostly a depiction of our family. Not perfect, a little quirky, a little out of order, but trying to do our best to stand on the legs we have been given, despite what we are missing. My sister made picture ornaments and we also received blue ornaments. It is not in its entirety, but we did out best to get this picture, can't be perfect in all things :).
I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas! Can't hardly believe it is 2009. That is crazy.
6 comments:
The tree looks perfect to me.
you're just so crafty! The blankets you made look beautiful. The Daxton tree is so sweet an the letter you wrote to him made me cry. I'm sure he loves watching his sweet family at this special time.
I love your Daxton tree and Lollie did a wonderful job on the ornaments. The girls look so stinking cute in their jammies. Love that tradition.
Love the Christmas post. I'd love to see pictures of the stockings. They sound darling. But I'm sure they're already put away . . . .:)
That is the most perfect tree I've ever seen.
I love the Daxton tree. It made me sad looking at all the pictures on it, and thinking about how it made all of you feel each time you looked at it. I am sure Daxton was with you during this season. It sounds like you had a lot of people helping you make this Christmas season special and a little easier. I too would love to see the stockings, but I can wait until next year:) I am so glad that you have so many people surrounding you with their love and their talents.
Post a Comment