Ok so maybe if I tell you all what the plan is, I might be able to ACTUALLY go through with it.
You all know what it is like to have a newborn. Everything is NEGLECTED. House. Dinner making. Other kids. Husbands. You name it.
So I have resolved to do better.... I know I am only a week out, but still, wanted to try something different. Each night I have to pump off the extra milk because heaven knows I can feed triplets! and that is REALLY not a joke.
While I am doing this MOST unpleasant activity I decided to not just sit there BORED to tears (ya like that really happens) that I would read 2 books to the girls.
Then after I am done pumping we would play 1 game of their choice, alternating who picks each night.
Tonight was the first night in my endeavor and I think they liked it. I have been pondering lately what I want my kids to remember their childhood being like.
Do I want them to remember mommy and daddy sitting on the couch watching TV yelling at them to be quiet? Or would I rather them remember we spend 20 minutes reading and playing games as a family? Well the answer is obvious. I just need to keep at it. Good luck to US!!!!
6 comments:
That is a fantastic idea! I really should implement something like that into our schedule.
That is awesome! We are definitely feeling the neglect the new baby brings at our house. It has gradually started to get better, and I have been more conscious of spending quality time w/ each of the kiddos. Thank heavens my baby is the best baby in the world! He will sit in his bouncer for hours if needed, and w/ 2 autistic kiddos, sometimes it happens! Good luck to you.
What a great idea! I think I needed this little nudge. Thank you for sharing.
I love that idea! well done, izzy is beautiful i must say, i can't wait to meet her...a few weeks hopefully! love you Kunz FAm!
You guys are such great parents. Thanks for your examples. I know your kids will remember the quality time you spent with them reading books and playing games. Keep at it, I know you can. One of my new years resolutions has been to read to my kids 20 minutes a day. So I will try to keep at it, too. Thanks for your motivating words to help me reach my goal. :)
That's a great idea, Brittany. It took me a while to establish reading every night with my kids and to get them to sit still and listen. But now we read for at least 30 minutes a night whenever we can, and I get so frustrated on the nights that we can't do it. It's just about my favorite time of day. We started with picture books, but now they listen to chapters of my favorite kids' books and I'm loving it. I hope this turns out to be as fun for you as it has been for us.
p.s. When can I come see your beautiful baby again?
Post a Comment