Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TiMe

Time is an interesting phenomena. It is relative. It is long. It is short. It is forever. It is one second.

I can't believe Isabella is 14 months.

I can't believe Savannah is 8 and I can't believe Mikenna is 6.

I can't believe I am almost 30!!!!!!

I can't believe how time is passing.

I can't believe my baby has been gone almost two years.

I lose track of time. A LOT.

I don't keep track of the months, days, and weeks Daxton has been gone. Too long, if you ask me. Seems like yesterday he died. Seems like forever ago he died. Sometimes it feels like he is still here.

One of my friends recently lost her baby. A stillborn. I have been through grief. I am going through grief. Sometimes I don't understand it. Sometimes I want to. Sometimes I don't.

I should have words to bring comfort to this mother. To this father. But I don't. Right now, words don't help. Only deep, seemingly unending grief. Pray for them. They need it. Like I did. Like I do.

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Just reading the word " stillborn " makes my heart sink into my stomach. I never thought that word would have anything to do with my little family. As a pre teen, you never sit and talk about your future and say " I am going to get married, have kids and one of my kids is going to pass away " It's weird to look back and think " wow, this is my life. This is my story "

I am so sorry for your friend. Please give her my love. I know all too well how sad and confused she must feel.

Colleen said...

I just said to my friend the other day who also lost her daughter, that it feels like forever since Andrew died and it feels like yesterday. I think because we are stuck in a bubble that makes time feel like it has stood still, but we feel like we have been there forever. I can never believe when I flip another month on the calendar. It doesn't seem possible. You expressed it so well.

Time? All my time is broken into 2 categories. Before Andrew died and After.

You don't need to have answers for your friend, just be her friend. Did anyone have any answers for you, or were they just there for you? If anyone had answers, I am sure I didn't hear them anyway. Praying for you both.

Thank you for your post!

Rusty and Jacquie said...

Thanks for spending some of your time with me...you will never know the difference you made in my grief by just being there for me. NEVER! it means more than I can even know...because I don't know my grief with out you.

Also, thanks for sharing your Kisserbella with me and those pics of Daxton. You have got me thinking.......ALOT! :) if ya know what I mean!