Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools or No?

Bless all of you who faithfully read my blog!

Thank you to all of you who called, emailed, posted a comment to congratulate me! I sure do appreciate ALL of you.

April Fools is a funny day, don't you think? You can tell a whopping lie or a little lie. But a lie is still a lie.

Reminds me of the time that my brother got hit by a car on April Fools Day 18 years ago. Wow has it been that long? I remember stepping off the bus to my neighbor picking us up when I was in about 5th grade. He told me my brother had been hit by a car. I of course thought it was a great (albeit VERY disturbing) April Fools. So I was not to be tricked.

I got home and saw a number of people who I hadn't seen in quite some time rallying around, bringing us food, making sure we were taken care of. My aunt and uncle who lived on the west side were there. I thought to myself, "Wow, my mom is REALLY going all out on this one." I called her work and she wasn't there. Wow really? My mom is GOOD!!! I still didn't believe that it was April Fools joke until I talked to my dad who was at the hospital with my brother. The same hospital that I work at today..... AWESOME!

Well being hit by a car wasn't awesome. He ended up being ok, although to this day sometimes we wonder :). LOVE Ya!~

So April Fools wasn't full of jokes that day.

Yesterday I had many congratulations, text conversations, not really swinging to one of the other side and being "cryptic" as Amy said. One of my friends even came over and gave me a congratulations hug.... ( I was thinking... for what?) and then another group of friends called and asked, How far along are you? TO which I replied, Just barely. This is an interesting answer for me, because I dont' usually tell until I am about 5 months along.... until people start to wonder if I am just gaining weight or really am pregnant.

Alas I must come clean (sheepishly). I am NOT pregnant. It was APRIL FOOLS!

PS: We are hoping to add one more, just not in 10 months :) so Jen, if you wouldn't mind.... I would LOVE to take those clothes off yer hands.

PPS: Please don't be mad if I white lied to you :) It was after all APRIL FOOLS!!!

6 comments:

jen said...

I was wondering . . . And I even said something to Janette last night at book club. I guess I'll be retracting that.
But the clothes are yours. I bring them by.
Can't believe I fell for my own joke.
Good on ya!

Amy said...

I had a feeling you were "full of beans".

Rusty and Jacquie said...

I had a feeling this post would follow!

Rusty and Jacquie said...

I knew this post would follow...silly me for falling for it!

Michelle said...

You totally had me until I read the other comments 1st, and then I wondered!
Good one! LOL!!!!

Larsen said...

Funny, Funny!! Ha ha ha ha. That's the kind of joke I normally play. But now no one believes me at all. Especially when i REALLY am pregnant. Oh well, it sure is funny!!

Michelle
Gavin's Mom