Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Clickety Click

I think everyone has a story to tell.

Blogging is an interesting phenomenon. Don't you think?

I was talking with a girlfriend (who is totally AWESOME by the way. Check her out at www.thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com (clickety click :)) who has a food blog. She loves to cook and figured she may as well share the LOVE of FOOD....

She made an interesting comment to me that her food blog was fun and interesting where her family blog... well it was just boring family stuff.... like her life isn't interesting. SO who would want to read her blog? It isn't like she has a story to tell. YA RIGHT!!!! Her life is so cool :) And here is why:

#1 She is a hot blonde
#2 She lives in Florida (um hello doesn't that shout COOL?)
#3 She is married to a NFL Super star :) (my claim to fame. I know a famous person.)
#4 She has the most beautiful 3 boys EVER (besided mine of course)
#5 When she comes to town we secretly meet so her sisters don't find out. Turns out they are kind of protective
#6 She was on a cooking show for her local TV station

SO you see? It is all about perspective. I think that her life is cool. Full of football galas, charities, cooking shows, and daily trips to the beach.

I often wonder why some blogs "catch the bug" or don't.

SO I pose a few questions:

What determines a good read?
What determines you clickety clicking onto the next blog and then coming back for more?
What do you like to read when you blog hop?
What makes you keep reading MY blog, MY story? (just wondering)

10 comments:

Stef said...

I actually just found your blog.
I think it is so fun to find out what other moms are doing...how fun life with children can be.
I love blogs that make me think:
"I can totaly relate", or "You've got to be kidding me!" or "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
ALso LOVE inspiring blogs.
AS long as they are clean, I will read it!!
Let the stalking begin...wink.
http://fivereasonstosmile.blogspot.com/

Brad said...

A good read? Something well-written with as few typos as possible. This really annoys me. Really. And if there are too many, then I won't be likely to come back. Just sayin'. I do like a good story and pics always hook me. But there is no definitive link to all my blogs.
Coming back? Is if I get latched onto something interesting--decorating, a story, humor.
Blog hopping? Don't do that very often.
Your blog? Of course because you're my friend, and I always am loyal to those people I know. I'm sure many people read your blog because of the sensational story, but I just like to watch your journey.
That's all.
And I have a bag of clothes for you . . .

Brad said...

And that's from Jen, Not Brad.

brittany said...

Phew. So glad that was from u Jen and not Brad. Borrowing his clothes could be. ... awkward

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Okay you are hilarious and I love you!!!! (clickety click) I laughed out loud about my sisters. That's true though. I think your blog is great because you have a talent of writing which can't be taught.

And don't get me wrong...I love my life. It is good and filled with adventure and cool. There isn't a single day where I don't thank the Lord for what I have been given. I never take our situation and the opportunities we have been placed in for granted. NEVER. BUT there are some blogs where people brag about there life is so perfect and how they have the best life and they make me want to puke because I know what really is going down behind closed doors. Then there are some where people just tell how bad there life is which isn't uplifting to read either. There's a happy medium. Life isn't perfect. People respond to TRUTH whether good or bad. And it would be easier to blog if Blogger weren't so flippin slow uploading pictures.

Until we meet again...secretly.

P.S. Do I still count as a hot blond if more of my brown roots are showing than the blond part?

Kami Milliron said...

I LOVE your blog because you are REAL. You don't sugar coat things and you tell them like they are. I appreciate all that you have shared about Daxton and your experiences with him. I also appreciate your thoughts because I go through the same things everyday and it's helpful to see that others do as well.

Suzanne Maughan said...

I am a blog hopper and yet just made my blog private! No fair! And so hypocritical of me! But I started another blog that is not private so others can stalk if they'd like.
One main thing that gets me hooked on a blog is reality. Something I can relate to. Maybe it is a story, maybe it is the humor or maybe it is relating some child's huge blue eyes to my daughter's. Relating things to our own lives seems to make it easier to connect. So there may be some people that read my blog and are hooked while others look at it and think it's boring.
By the way, yours is So. Not. Boring! Ive been reading since around the time Daxton passed away, finding your blog through Kami's. My daughter and Daxton are the same age and share big blue eyes---therefore I relate in that way and come back because you are exciting. You're positive, you're negative, you're humorous and you're serious. You're REAL!

suzescorner.blogspot.com

Suzanne Maughan said...

I lied...they're not the same age. She is in between Daxton and Isabella. Im not sure why I always think that but he just reminds me of her. :)

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

I LOVE to read your blog! Because I love you! I love Christy's too!! But, I think I am guilty of what she says. I really do hope my blog isn't ALL about *bad* things. I just blog about our daily adventures. Some bad days have a longer run than the good ones, and vice versa. Don't even know if many people actually read it. I post it to get it out. Off my chest.

I love to read what you write. You should have been a motivational speaker! You truly do have a way with words. And your outlook on life is AMAZING! You have had trials I can't even fathom! And still you are a strong amazing woman! I admire you greatly! Loves!

Cartoon Characters said...

I like your blog because u are REAL. There is some satisfaction peeking in on another life in another part of the country...knowing that there are others just like me (well, not JUST like me because by your blog definition I am OLD and even tho I am blonde...well...maybe some grey) there is comfort in the humanity out there.....that real people exist living real lives..and that people also FEEL...and LOVE...:)
I found your blog when I clicked on RN...to find other nurses and your blog came up.
I worked L&D and have been with new parents and their little angels that didn't stay on earth very long...and feel for you...but am glad your faith has helped you in your life's journey.
Take care and keep blogging. Not everyone out there reading blogs are creepers! :)