Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, September 8, 2008

Roller Coaster

In September of 2007, I had just barely found out I was pregnant with Daxton. We also had planned a trip to Disneyland (good thing I wasn't showing) and I was taking the girls, my brother Daniel and my very good friend Kami. It was a blast!!!! The girls had fun. We met Granny and Grandpa Kunz and the boys there. Of course, we hit the beach and I was a basket case trying to keep the kids from getting to close to the water.

Savannah was filling her swim suit with sand and Mikenna of course was telling on her. I think she even wandered off on this trip and went begging for food. Talk about a heart attack I was having. Well we promptly left after that to go back to the hotel and get something to eat....

I have a little secret for those of you who go to Disneyland. Yes the Flex pass of whatever it is called is a good way to roll, but if you really want to hit some rides over at California Adventure, the best time to go is about 9pm. It closes at 10pm, but EVERYONE is going over to Disneyland for the fireworks show. And I mean EVERYONE... ok not everyone, because Kami and I flew over there in a rush and no kidding rode almost all the rides at least 4 times in about 45 minutes. It was seriously awesome.

The ride that is in the hotel and it falls like a million stories and goes back up and back down really fast. No idea what it is called, but it was SUPER fun and what a RUSH!!! I am not typically a daredevil so to speak so it was shocking!!! We also visited the roller coaster with its ups and downs and upside downs. Talk about seriously disturbing, but we went on it about 5 times and by the 4th time, we were still a little woozy. Even after going 4 times we were still leary of it and hadn't quite got used to it.

That is kind of where I am at these days. I have been on this roller coaster for 12 weeks today. Sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days. Sometimes the good days last 5 days and then I get a slew of bad days. It is very interesting how it all comes together in one big crash. One minute I will be ok and the next.... well I hop on the roller coaster and hope it will eventually stop. As the roller coaster at California Adventure stopped, so the roller coaster of emotions that I ride do as well. I feel a roller coaster is coming on... I always try to post pone them but most of the time it just makes it worse. We will see.

loves to all!!!
PS I love that picture of Daxton. It really captures his smile and baby blues. :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

what a handsome baby boy! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

larsen family said...

Brittany,
I feel the same way. I hopped on the roller coaster yesterday and it still hasn't let me off yet. I do feel the ride starting to slow so soon it will be over. I know exactly how you feel.
I sent you an email on Sunday. I don't know if you got it, hope you did.
Just know you are not alone.
Lots of love, Jen Larsen

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

oh boy fun memories! We had so much energy...thanks for letting me be a part of it. OH and I love that picture of Daxton too...his smile makes me smile and that's quite the gift.