Live: Some days it is hard to get out of bed. Last night I had a dream and Daxton was in it. We were going on a hike with some cousins. I had been gone all day and thought that I just wanted to get home to my baby. So I packed my bags and off to home I went. He was there waiting for me, arms open wide. And then I woke up.
I need to constantly remind myself (not that I forget) that I have 2 little girls, one on the way, and a husband that still need me. I am trying to daily live in the present, to cherish my kids a little more. I have been a "bad" mom and didn't get Mikenna's homework out all week. Her teacher called and asked if I knew they were sending homework home.... hmmm nothing like getting into "trouble" with the teacher :).

So I daily tell myself to live in the present. The eternal will come, just live in the present.
Laugh: Whenever I need a good laugh, I just hang out with Savannah. She gets on the bus every morning and I get on with her to help her and to see her off. She points to the door and says, "OUT!" So I go. Then when she gets home from the bus and off of it, she turns to the bus driver and says, "Why Why Why Why Why." The bus driver calls her "Savannah why," because if you let her she will ask "Why?" up to 7 times before her curiousity is satisfied. It is quite humorous :).
Laugh: Whenever I need a good laugh, I just hang out with Savannah. She gets on the bus every morning and I get on with her to help her and to see her off. She points to the door and says, "OUT!" So I go. Then when she gets home from the bus and off of it, she turns to the bus driver and says, "Why Why Why Why Why." The bus driver calls her "Savannah why," because if you let her she will ask "Why?" up to 7 times before her curiousity is satisfied. It is quite humorous :).

Love: Love every day. Love your kids. Love your Husband. The only thing for certain is the present. Live in the present. Love in the present. Our loved ones or ourselves could be taken at any moment.
RUN: I went on a run this morning and maybe that is the reason for the euphoria around me. I LOVE TO RUN!!! Of course now running at 20 weeks pregnant isn't all the comfortable and I am slow (just ask my former running partner LOL) when I am pregnant. I am grateful for the patience of those I run with. All the start and stop makes ME crazy. I can only imagine how they feel....Also, nothing burns such great calories or hurts so good when you are through, unless you have crappy shoes (like me lately) and then your feet hurt bad.
LIVE LAUGH LOVE RUN!!!!
9 comments:
Very great advice...all of it. We all need to be reminded of those important things daily. You drive me to be a better person in all those areas. Thank you! And if you can go running at 20 weeks pregnant i have no excuse! :)
No excuse, indeed :)
(except I fell in my last step class and twisted my ankle)
Hugs and kisses, Britt.
Your posts are wonderful and I know that they will help a great many people in the future.
Thank you for sharing this part of your life with me.
I don't know you personally, but everytime I read your blog, I fell that you are such a strong mother and wife! I think about you often and the hard days you must have constantly. I love reading your blogs. I am sorry you have to go through these trails and struggles! Your children are lucky to have you as their mom. Keep strong!
This was wonderful! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD ONE ON THE WAY!!!! (not that i know you well, or have ever met you, I've seen very few photos of you..but trust me honey--I know your heart right now, right??? For some reason I feel like I should have known this) This is wonderful! So you were pregnant when Daxton passed away...right? Oh Britt--I think you are amazing. Your girls are darling, Daxton is just...superb. These thoughts and stories were fantastic. THANKS A MILLION.
Britt- this is some amazing advice. My grandmother passed away unexpectedly this week and although the pain I am feeling cannot even be compared to your loss of Daxton, it is very true what you said. One of the things that got me through the funeral yesterday was the laughter when recounting certain memories. It is also so true to love b/c you never know what tomorrow brings...this has been a big lesson for my family this week.
Your strength absolutely amazes me and I can't wait to meet your beautiful baby girl in a few short months! Give the girls hugs and kisses for me!
Thank you for your thoughts. I am also sorry to hear of the broken hand mold. I would have reacted the same if not worse if mine were broken. I also know that your life will not ever be the exact same as you were use to, but it is great to see that we can still live for what we do have. Your children are definitely blessed to have you and Doug as parents.
Hi Britt,
How similar our lives are. My little Jocelyn was born just 6 days after my 15 month old Evan died. Such a strange mix of emotions. While I really wanted a girl after 4 boys, now I really want another boy now that Evan is gone. Oh the emotions are thick and so near the surface.
Bridget
Brittany,
You don't know who I am but I found your blog through a friends. I just wanted to let you know that I admire your strength so much. My brother passed away a few months ago and my mom is struggling so much right now. It's people like you who make me think she will be Ok... someday. My prayers are with you and your family.
Krista
Post a Comment