WOW two posts in one day....
Just wanted to let you all know that I am expecting a baby girl Jan 23rd ish. We actually found out I was pregnant just before Daxton passed away. I was excited because he would have a baby brother to play with and run around and play with, rather than just sisters :). They were going to be soooo close in age, well not that close, but closer than the girls. Now I will have an almost 5 year gap and people who don't know me well will wonder... "hmmm I wonder why the 5 year gap" and then they will ask, and then they will wish they wouldn't have....
While I really thought it was going to be a boy, I was a little shocked to find out it was a girl (maybe they are wrong... but not likely at almost 20 weeks). Who knows, maybe it will come out a boy and the ultrasound tech will have been wrong, of course then imagine all the pink I will have to put away, and so much for painting Daxton's room blue... well we will cross that bridge when we get there, I am rambling.... as usual.
The baby won't be a replacement of Daxton, obviously, but maybe some of the void in my heart will be filled. A baby brings much joy to a family.
Just wanted to let you know why I was gaining HUGE amounts of volume and weight in odd places.
loves
30 comments:
"Just wanted to let you know why I was gaining HUGE amounts of volume and weight in odd places."
LOL! Hadn't noticed - just so you know! :)
CONGRATULATIONS to all!
A baby does bring much joy and that is a fact to be totally celebrated!!!!
Ryan and Matthew are a little over 4 years apart and we haven't had anyone really ask - at least not that I remember.
Hugs!!!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. We still continually think and pray for you and your sweet family.
You don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for a while and shedding lots of tears for you over the loss of your precious Daxton. And while this new baby won't be a replacement - as you said - the joy of a new baby will certainly give you new reasons to smile and get up each day. Congratulations - you have a beautiful family and I'm sure your new addition will only enhance that beauty. I hope you have a good pregnancy!
Congrats you guys. This is exciting news!
Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you.
Congratulations! Babies are such a miracles and blessings! We are very happy for you!
Yeah!!! That is awesome!! Hope all is well with the pregnancy and you are feeling ok, ya know, pukey and stuff :) Love you!!
Congrats. I think that is very exciting. I really, really, really thought Joy was a boy. So I was surprised and then sooo grateful and glad when she was a girl. Hope everything goes well.
Congrats!!! I am so very happy for you. Now that school has started maybe we can find a day to get together.
Congrats! Babies are huge blessings and hopefully it will fill the gap a little bit. You will also be even busier which always makes healing seem easier. Not as much time to think!
Woo hoo!! Wow, you are a good secret keeper! I am sure that this little spirit is going to be such a blessing to you guys. Do you think that she and Daxton have hung out--he probably told her to come down here and take care of his family! Keep us posted on all the details!
Congratulations to you and your family. Babies are so much fun. She will definently bring so much joy to your family and occupy more of your time until that joyous reunion with your little man!
CONGRATULATIONS! You really are super mom, Britt :) I'm elated for your darling little fam. You know, I sure hope I get to spend time with and know all your kids...it just wouldn't seem right to run into you randomly at Sam's Club 10 years down the road and see unfamiliar kids in your cart and arms. Just wrong I tell ya! I guess I'm naive and that's all part of life...but for now I like to dream and I truly just adore your family. Anyway, lots and lots of love. You are amazing!
ummmm.. actually I was thinking how skinny you are. I had NO idea. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you have mixed emotions about everything, but you're right - a baby brings joy to a family. We love you guys! Congratulations!!!
I was looking at your blog from the angel children blog. Congratulations on the addition to your beautiful family. I was pregnant with my second when I lost my little guy. It was such a huge blessing and he gave me such hope and determination for the future. I pray that this baby will bring some peace and hope.
Cassi
CONGRATS!!! Just think of all the wonderful things Daxton is telling your sweet new baby about his wonderful family-they are spending time together (what an awesome thought!). This baby is going to be so special (not that ever baby isn't). I am so happy for you. I don't know you but my heart is so full of joy for you guys- I want to give you a big warm long hug!!!!
I love reading your blog and seeing how you deal with the trials sent your way. You are so strong! Isn't it neat to think that Daxton gets to meet the newest member of your family before you welcome 'her' into the world? congradulations and I wish your family the best.
Congratulations. I agree that nothing could ever replace a lost child or loved one. But adding to your family will be a joy in its self. I often wish I lived closer to you. I actually had a dream last week that I went to your house, and we were bawling together. Random I know. Anyhow, great news.
Congratulations! What a blessing! I'm sure Daxton is preparing that little soul for her wonderful family. Hang in there!
Kristi
You don't know me and I hope you don't mind that I have been stalkinng your blog for the last several months. I have been uplifted and very impressed with your strength and example as you have endured the loss of your precious Daxton. When I read your post tonight about your pregnancy, I was so happy I just had to tell you Congratulations! I lost a little girl shortly after birth and by the time I had my next baby there was 5 years between my son and my next daughter. I can't begin to tell you the healing that our family went through with the new life that was sent to us. It was such a blessing. I can't help but think that Heavenly Father was blessing you even before your trial began. This WILL be a tremendous blessing for your family and will help in so many ways. From my experience I absolutely know that Daxton will never be replaced and you may get comments from people who don't know you about the gap between your children, but everything else you have handled beautifully just as you will this as well.
Sorry for the length of the comment. I just wanted to say congratulations and that I have thought and prayed for you over these last few months.
Becky
I'm excited for you to have another little girl! Your others are so cute, she will have to be too!
Know that we pray for you often and will continue to do so.
I'm glad to hear the wonderful news! Babies truly are miracles from heaven.
Congrats! My 2nd & 3rd are 4 years apart & I love it.
What wonderful news- congratulations!
Wonderful news for you and your family. Congratulations.
CONGRATS!!!! I can show you some volume....you...you don't have any volume!!
Loves;-)
Congratulations! This little one won't replace Daxton, but she'll surely bring you as much joy as he did. We love you guys!
Love, Matt & Angenette
I decided to check in on two moms with two terrible losses tonight, and both had wonderful announcements about new babies! Both gave me chills.
Congrats to you and your family. And who cares about the people who wonder what the "gap" is all about. That gap is a sweet, little boy who lives on by inspiring the rest of us to live big and love a lot.
Congratulations! That is such exciting news. Hope your pregnancy goes well and that your sweet baby girl will bring a piece of heaven with her. She's probably getting the low down from Daxton on what a great family she will have. :)
oh my gosh kurtis and i had no idea well congrats even though she is almost here crazy
Post a Comment