Yesterday at school for Savannah, they had a 9/11 day lunch for all police officers, service men, and firemen. Savannah called Grandpa to see if he would join us as her guest police officer. She was soooo excited to have him come to lunch with her and equally excited I told her she could eat lunch in the cafeteria.
She looked forward all week to when Grandpa would come to her school and told all the kids, teachers, and bus drivers who would listen that her Papa was coming to school with her to have lunch.
We (me and Mikenna) went to the school and waited in the office for Grandpa to come and along comes Savannah so excited she just might pee her pants (so she ran to the nurse's office to go potty) when Grandpa walked in the door. IN FULL UNIFORM!!!! Savannah just gawked at him for a moment, trying to figure out who he was and if he really was Grandpa. Then she gave him a big hug (I think) and ran us to the lunch room.
She ran through the line and had already selected her lunch before I could get my money out. Mikenna thought she was pretty hot stuff as well :). Then we went and sat down at the tables by Savannah's class and she chatted (ok not so much, she was too busy stuffing herself). All the little kids were in awe that a real live police man was in their midst. They asked him all sorts of questions and just looked at him with big googly eyes.
It was seriously SO cool. I am so grateful for him and for all that he does and that he made Savannah's day and all the other little kid's day.
10 comments:
What a fun day for Savannah. Your dad really is so great. I wish I could have seen her face when she saw him in his uniform. I just found out today from Margaret that your having a little girl. I'm happy for you. We love ya.
So cool!!! I wish I had a police-man grandpa!
It must be a Pavlovian reflex, but EVERY ONE of your posts make me cry
:)
and I love it.
Way to go, Craig!
That is soo awesome!! I bet that is something she will remember FOREVER!!!! She definately has a super bad rad awesome papa!!
xoxo
How great, I'm sure that made Savannah's day. Your dad is great!
yeah, our dad is great :)
I could imagine how excited she was to have your dad there. Your whole family is very special and just to see her light up when your dad walked in I am sure was priceless.... Love ya
I am so glad that your family lives close by and that your dad was able to come for such a special day. I wish I could have seen Savannah's face. She is such a cutie. I didn't know your dad is a police man!
What a fun thing for all of the kids!
I did want to ask you something and don't know how to go about it other than here. I am teaching the R.S. lesson tomorrow on Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death and wondered if I might get your permission to use a couple of quotes from you...Your words of hope and consolation are some of the best I've heard. Thanks. If it's okay, please let me know either here or via my blog. (Just click on my name above.) Thanks.
Sue (and anyone else) -feel free to use anything you'd like as the posts on my blog are public.
Post a Comment