I have not actually thought about this until just now. I know that other moms who have lost their children have felt that their children are missionaries with them, but until today I haven't realized what effect Daxton's story has had on so many.
Many of my friends have shared stories with me about how somebody they knew had either started asking questions about the gospel, started coming back to church, or just renewing their Faith in God. I am glad that Daxton can be a missionary both on earth and in Heaven. I am glad that he has been able to share the gospel through me. I am glad to be the vessel in which his message is carried. I feel him near me. I know that he comforts me in those moments of such sorrow.
When I hear of these missionary experiences, I realize that without the passing of my son, so many may not have been blessed with renewed testimonies or not thought about life after death or many other questions for them may not have been answered.
I am genuinely happy that his story has touched so many lives. It helps me in my grief and times of sorrow. If good can come out of this tragedy that has happened in my life, then I must say that each day it will be easier to get out of bed and carry on just one more day.
4 comments:
You're amazing Brittney! I love how you look at things with so much wisdom...you always have!
Ditto to everything you said. I'm still finding out the impact my little boy had (and still has) on the world. Love you!
Brittney~ You are so amazing! Your blog and inspiration has helped so many. There have been times that I think of a recent passing in my family and after reading your blog I think differently about things. Thanks for your example and inspiration. I believe your little Daxton is a missionary on the other side as well as the Earth (even though he's on the Earth currently.) Your stories are amazing. Remember God loves you and your family very much!
I started reading your blog a couple of posts before Daxton passed on and my heart and prayers have been with you and your family ever since. I have tried to post a few times and they wouldn't go through so maybe tonight is the night you need to hear that someone else is praying for your family.
Post a Comment