The other day Mikenna (remember she is 5 AND in early learners) came home from school and said, "Mommy, I have a boyfriend."
I calmly and nonchalantly replied, "Oh, who?"
To which she responds, "Collin, and he is Hannah's boyfriend too,"
I said, "Well, I guess if you have to have a boyfriend at this age, there is no one I would rather have be your boyfriend than Collin."
Savannah's bus driver calls her "Savannah why" because she is always asking "why, why, why, why, why?" So today she was in grandpa's room and he was saying "why, why, why" to her.... she was getting pretty frustrated (as you can imagine) and came out and said, "Not only is it 'Savannah' why, but it is 'Grandpa why' too." LOL
One more. Savannah's FAVORITE thing to do besides say "hi" to "sister" Bienz (*who is actually brother Bienz, but I don't bother fixing it because EVERYONE knows who she is talking about) is checking the mail. Well, when Papa gets home, Savannah follows him around the house until he takes her, Mikenna, and Todd (the dog) to check the mail. Today was no different.
I walk in on her with her head on grandpa's arm (whilst he is trying to type a VERY important email), looking up at him with her big brown eyes, "Please Papa, checka da mail? Please oh Please!!!??"
And then she lays it on thick and gives him a whopping kiss. Well he dropped his VERY important email and went to check the mail with his 'Savannah why.' It seriously made her day.
Ok I lied. One more. Mikenna was asking me where grandma was and she has a habit of answering in her head what she wants me to say (this is very troublesome because I seldom get it right). So I turned the question back on her, Where is grandma? To which she replies, "She is at work, at Costco, or buying me something...."
That girl I swear. Funny though, she is RIGHT ON!!!!
So one more and really this time. My friend told her little girl that she would see Daxton again when Jesus came. For the next week she woke up each morning asking, "Is Jesus coming today?" Oh the innocence of little children.
5 comments:
I had to add one of my own... Savannah and Kenna and I went on a "lollie-date" basically, a night with just me and the girls. W went to Red Robin and then to the bookstore which by chance was having a grand opening sale with clowns, face-painting and other such things. Well, there was a mime at this event and Savannah, of course, wanted to go talk to him so she walks right up to him and says "Hi, boy! What's your name??" Well, He is a mime and so of course he didn't respond so Savannah repeats it louder "What's your name?" becoming a bit more exasperated. Well when he doesn't answer, she turns to me and says, "Larlie, Why's he not talking??" I tried to explain what that this particular clown doesn't talk... she didn't quite get it, but he started to pretend to eat an apple and put his hand out for her to take a bite of the "imaginary apple"She just looked at his empty hand and focused on his mouth that was now chewing the apple and said "Boy! What you have??" I want some!" Finally, she decided he was crazy and we moved on, but it was hilarious. You should have seen her face... she thought he was nuts!
oh and I wish Jesus were coming today too
I love those stories. I love Lollies too! Your girls are so funny. I love hearing the things they say. Tell Mikenna and "Mikenna" hi for me. We love them and can't wait to see them in November!
So funny! I love that she is so willing to share her boyfriend...That will change in 15 years!;-)
I have a question about that song "Beautiful Blues" that you posted a little while ago. Did your cousin write it, or did she get it somewhere else and sing it for you? I have a friend who lost a baby a long time ago (8 years) but I think she would really love that song. If you got it somewhere else, can you tell me where? My email is angiecastagno@hotmail.com Thanks!
Our friends' little girl said a blessing on the food at our house and said that she was thankful for gravity. We all laughed but then realized, uh, yeah, that is pretty important!
Post a Comment