Do you ever look at your children and see yourself? Do you ever look at your children and ask what they will become? If you can raise them just like you (or perhaps NOT like you?) Do you ever wonder how they will turn out? Do you wonder about the heartache and tragedy that they might endure in their lifetime and how it will effect them?
My girls have experienced more in there little 5 and 6 years that I ever did at their age. They have made more trips on an airplane than I did before I went to college. They have put me through school in their short life. They have been on more dates with "the family" than I ever did with my own. We have been to more places (granted not that many) than I did before I was 18. My little girls have experienced more loss in their short lifetime that I ever did when I was there age.
I think sometimes Mikenna wanders the house just like me. She wanders to find the brother she will never see on this earth. She makes comments like, "Mom when Daxton comes back from Heaven....." followed by something she will do with him. Today we saw some friends at the store and Mikenna said, "Mom, I wish Lincoln could spend the whole day with us." I know she longs for her baby brother. He was her shadow and she was his leader.
Savannah goes into Daxton's old room and puts on his clothes (yes she fits into them and no I still haven't put them away). I think this is how she tells me she misses him too. They pray each night that he will be safe in Heaven and that he will know that we love him.
Today we were at the store and I saw this poor mom struggling with her 3 little kids. Two of them babies 3 and 4 months old. One was crying, she was holding one who wasn't crying and the 3 year old had no idea how to help her. I reached out to the mom to help her and asked if I could help her. I am sure she thought I was nuts. I would have held them tighter if I was her too. :) Not one of my smarter or finer moments.
4 comments:
I think it is amazing that you reached out to help a stranger who was in need. We need more people like you in the world. I wouldn't have thought you were nuts. Having 3 little ones under 5 myself, I would have smiled and been gracious
I've helped another mom in the grocery store line a few times. What is it about about stores that make the world melt before our eyes!!! I've need help several times in the store and wished there was someone like you there too!
How are you feeling? Are you sick at all? How's work going? etc.
Hope you have an awesome week!
Britt,
Your little girls are going to be stronger and more compassionate because of this experience. They will grow and amaze you, I'm sure (they probably already do).
:)
Don't every feel bad for offering to help someone, of course you did the smartest, finest thing you could do.
The woman couldn't know how difficult it is for you. I don't think any of us reading really know how difficult it is for you.
But, we love you. And want you to reach out and share some of your grief, if it can lighten yours at all.
Forehead kisses for you and lots of love, too.
Britt,
Your girls are lucky to have such spiritually attuned parents to lead them through this difficult time. I'm anxious to see who they will become--I imagine they will be amazing people with strength beyond most of their peers. I have seen the longing in Mikenna's eyes and my heart breaks for her but she is resilient and I know the Lord is caring for her as each of you. I pray often for your little family which is all I can think to do that will be of any help. I hope you know how much I love you and am grateful for our friendship. I don't have babies that you can carry for me in the grocery store but you have helped me carry my burdens more than you know!
Post a Comment