Our trip to Havasupai holds a very "odd" spot in my heart, for this was the time that Daxton was taken from us. I can place my footsteps at each minute of the morning on Monday, June 9. Despite my better judgement my mind continually wanders to the morning I was hiking out singing Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs while events transpired as such.However, we were able to meet some very incredible people along our journey. Sweating and hiking miles on end forms a bond that is unbroken. Among these was a guy named Reuben. His wife who we had not and have not met personally has spent countless hours of her most precious time putting together this phenomenal video with pictures and music to our little chubba wubba's life. I could never thank her enough or ever pay her enough for the kindness she has rendered on behalf of my little angel.
Here is the result of her labors:
Click here
You will need to download Quicktime player if you don't already have it. It takes but a few moments, so while you wait, grab yourself a box of tissues to enjoy 12 minutes of my baby's pictures. It is a real tear jerker. Well for me anyway :).
To visit her website:
Click here for Jen's blog
As I was reading back on previous posts, I came across one that said that I wasn't looking forward to anything that life was going by too quickly and that I just wanted to enjoy every day of it. I believe it was at this time the Lord was preparing me to take my most precious baby away from me. He knew that in order for me to now look back with no regrets that I had to appreciate the moments with Daxton and to not let them pass by to quickly by wishing the days away.
As it is, I have joined a very unique club of men and women who have lost childrent. The bond we share is impenetrable. I would not wish losing a child upon anyone, nor would I wish on them a trial more than they can bear. Which leads me to a thought I have been having. Of course, in any situation, you look around and see others who either have it better or worse or the same as you and you begin to compare (subconsciously of course). You compare houses, clothes, cars, and other things. Then you look a little deeper and you compare trials. They have it harder than you or you have it harder than them. How come they don't get this trial or that trial?
These are unfair and very presumptuous thoughts on my part. How can I look around and say that my "trial" is harder than so and so's trial when their trial to them may be just as hard as my trial to them. When we compare trials and different situations, it is like comparing apples to oranges. There is really no way to compare, let alone know how each person feels about each trial they are facing. What might break me might be fairly easy to someone else.Our Father in Heaven knows each and every one of us. Our Savior, even Jesus Christ, knows our pains. He knows our sufferings. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He will always be with us in our trials and tribulations. He will never give us more than we can handle (without His help). When we are in our worst moments, He is with us. He helps us along the way. I know in these 7 weeks that my Savior and Father in Heaven have been very close. They have watched over me in my darkest hours. I know they are not very far away and that they will always be with me.
19 comments:
I just love the movie! Well said about everybody's trails. We never know or could imagine others issues the Father knows. You do not know me but your family is in my prayers often.
Beautifully said. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I do not know you or Stephanie (A Daily Scoop), but you are both such an inspiration and make me want to be a better mother.
I was just talking with my husband about how it seems so unfair that some people seem to have SOOO many very tough trials in life, while others seemingly have little bumps along the road. . . He shared with me some insight that I felt was very profound. He said that he believes that it is part of the plan, and the most growth is accomplished through trials. Those that have the greatest trials, perhaps Heavenly Father has great things in store for them. The more you learn here on Earth the MORE you will know and be able to accomplish in the hereafter. I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father that loves us and is there for us through our trials...
I love the pictures of your little guy. His eyes are so BLUE, so beautiful. What a sweet boy!
That video is such a treasure. I loved seeing his crazy newborn hair again. He is so beautiful!!
Words are inadequate for the video. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't even know him but I want to pick him up and cuddle him. Thanks for letting us strangers admire him and draw from your strength through this trial.
Trials are funny like that huh? I once heard that if given the choice to pick a bag of trials, you would still pick your own. Sometimes it's hard to believe, but inside I think it might be true.
Did you have fun on the girls trip?
Britt-
I just want to say Thanks. Thanks for all your wonderful spiritual thoughts! We have been having some trials in our life lately (nothing to the callibur of your family's, by any means) but trials none the less. This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear right now! You are a true inspiration to me!! Thank you so much!!
You are so right about trials. I think they are tailor made for each of us and our life experiences. I've talked with friends and thought to myself, "Oh I could never handle that." when they in turn have told me they could never handle the trials we have had (all our kids are adopted--and they have turned out to be our biggest blessing). Your prespective is amazing and I totally agree. My dad has this saying, "When Heavenly Father gives us trials, it shows he loves us because he's giving us opportunities to grow by overcoming these obstacles." Some might think that is a strange way to look at adversity, but I believe it. Heavenly Father loves you--I'm glad you can feel it. I will comment after I watch that video-how sweet of that lady to do that.
That was BEAUTIFUL!!! You were right about needing tissue!
I don't know you, but as a mom and grandma my heart and prayers go out to you over the loss of your precious baby boy. I appreciate your testimony and insights during this very difficult time. You inspire others. Take care.
Britt,
I knew I was in trouble when the first picture started and I broke into tears. Ugghh. It's beautiful and makes my heart hurt at the same time. I know I can never understand your pain and I am glad that you have Stephanie and others to talk it through. I had the same experience of reading my previous posts before Sandra died and it was almost unreal how much the Lord was preparing me for my trial just like he prepared you for yours. Love ya,
Christy
you always have such an amazing way of saying things. You are in our prayers and constantly in my thoughts.
Just beautiful...words can't even express.
What gorgeous baby blues, & oh that hair!
Thinking of you daily.
~Kristi
Your right the video was a tear jerker. What a handsome little guy and a sweet memory you have made of him.
We appreciated your comment on our blog, and are so sad to be part of this same group that experiences such bitterness and the accompanying sweetness that comes from a loving Heavenly Father in trials like these. Ironic. Stephanie [a daily scoop] mentioned your family to us. It makes us cry every time we find someone else in these circumstances. It is wonderful to know what we do of the resurrection and millenium. My wife says that she will be emailing you soon. Our love and prayers go out to you.
Vic & Molly Jackson
The video is beautiful... my heart aches for you, it seems like there never will be enough pictures, although you do have the most beautiful, most perfect ones. All our prayers...
That video was a real tear-jerker, but so beautiful. What an amazing little boy. He looks like the kind of baby that everyone is drawn to and wants to hold. Those are wonderful photos you have of him--what a treasure!
Hey Brittany,
I'm so glad you could share this with everyone and so grateful to see so many wonderful responses from people watching it! It was such a blessing for me to do this project for you and I am continually blessed by your family.
I know that I am late commenting, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing this precious video of your sweet little angel. Katelyn and Tyler love watching it over and over. He is such a beautiful little boy. Thank you for your beautiful words that you share with so many. What is amazing to me, is that you are the one that has suffered such a great loss, and yet it is you that is inspiring and helping so many people instead of the other way around. Thank you.
Post a Comment