Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The "little" things

No matter what the act of service is, big or small, it never goes unnoticed. Here is a tribute to those who give service to others in need.

Through this "uphill" in our life, we have been blessed with many kind words, thoughts, and actions. I would like to share just a few. If you are not listed on here, it means that there is not enough space in cyberspace, but I still know who you are and love you VERY much for all that you do.

-Thank you to the City of Mesa and those who made it possible for Doug and I to have a plane chartered from Kingman so that we could be at the hospital with our little boy.

-Thank you to the team at the hospital who were so good with my family and took such good care of us when we finally arrived.

-Thank you to those who made any and ALL contributions to help pay for the funeral services. Who would have thought it would be so expensive. To all of you out there who have kids, get riders on them and then take out a private policy. It is morbid.... I know, but what is 1.50 a month?

-Thank you to all who brought food to my house when I could barely get out of bed in the morning. It was nice to not have to worry about the basic human needs.... not that I was meeting any of those needs. I sure liked the 10 pounds I lost that week, but they liked me too and came back :).

-Thank you to all those who call, email, send notes or packages to the girls, or stop by, just to see how we are doing.

-Thank you to "Sister" Bienz whom Savannah adores and loves to see at church on Sundays.

-Thank you for the yummy treats; cakes, cookies, cinnamon rolls, rolls, and all things chocolate.... and the gift certificates to cold stone or the banana cream pie shakes from sonic.....they are doing nothing for my figure, but they sure help on a not so good day. For those few moments, I can focus on the "tasty" things in life. (Hence the 10 pounds back...grin)

-Thank you to Grandma Walter who stops by in the morning or afternoon to give Savannah a hug and a mint, just because she wants her to. The other day Doug asked Mikenna where grandma was and she replied, "At work, at the store, or buying me something"..... yes she is SOOOO right

-Thank you to Granny Kunz who sends packages to help the girls day a little brighter. They get so excited when they check the mail and there is a letter, card, or better yet a BOX with their names on it.

-Thank you to all those of you who continually pray and support and love us despite our faults, my flakiness (cancelling all things last minute, just because I "don't feel like it." ) Or better yet, forgetting all together.

-And thanks to Steph, my new found friend, who truly understands.

Loves to all!!!!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Anything for you... and for your family. you are very loved. :)

Hubers said...

It's been amazing to watch your blog and see all the people who love you and your family. You are blessed!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Dang those 10 pounds. You looked great when I saw you. You have nice runner legs. Love you,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Thank you to you! I really appreciate your suggestion of writing a letter to Trevor's teacher for the first day of school. I don't know if she read it, but it sure made my nerves a little calmer.