As I dropped Mikenna off at school today, seeing all the moms with their babies about the same age as Daxton, and leaving Mikenna to "fend for herself" at school, the weight of the world came crashing down and I lost it. I am sure that those who drove by thought that I was sad because I had just dropped off my little girl at school.
Boy if they just knew that it was more than that. I had to drop off my little boy to the hands of my Father in Heaven almost 10 weeks ago. Has it really been that long? Or has it only been 10 weeks? I don't know anymore.
I did what anybody would do in my situation (right?) and I just sobbed in the parking lot, then I sobbed down the street (going like 10 miles an hour.... sorry to the lady who was behind me :)), and then called somebody who knew exactly how I felt. Surprisingly enough, after we talked I felt better knowing that I wasn't the only mom having a bad day, that I wasn't the only one struggling to get through the next few hours, that I wasn't the only one who would put my girls to bed and wonder what my baby was doing.
I am still here and that is the hard part. I know that I am supposed to live to raise my girls and take care of my husband. I know that I have to put my shoulder to the wheel and push along. I know that this to shall pass. It will be a long hard road, but one day I will wake up and won't feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. I will wake up and be able to have those "sweet memories" of Daxton. I will wake up and actually WANT to get out of bed... :). (who doesn't love sleeping in anyway?).
So I decided I needed some laughter today. I am coming off a 4 day "grief vacay." (obviously) Seems as though this happens about every 3 or 4 days... ish. The "hard" days aren't getting any easier, but the there are more "good" days in between. So I need a good funny story to lift up my spirit :). Here are a few. (They may or may not be true and may or may not be variations of the original story)
The first is about a woman who is going to meet with the Stake President in his office.
Introducing herself, she says,
"Hello, My name is Sister Dam." Then motioning towards the other people in the room with her she simply says,
"And this is the whole Dam Family." LOLOLOL!!!
The second is about a boy receiving his Eagle Scout award.
So as they were all sitting in the audience (in the chapel), there was a video shown that was on a much to small screen with just less than appropriate music for the chapel. Don't worry, this Eagle Scout was redeemed when he stood up to the pulpit accepting his Shot Gun..... and then continued to redeem himself when he pulled his brand new shot gun OUT OF THE CASE (remind you we are still in the chapel) and put his finger on the trigger.... and yes my friends he pulled the trigger releasing an audible "click" to the audience.... Is this really a true story? You may never know :).
A Funny Joke:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Smelly mop
Smelly mop who?
LOLOLOLOL!!!!
Well that made me laugh amid the tears. I received a water color painting of Daxton from a VERY talented artist. The piece of work is like nothing I have ever seen before. It looks like him right down to his last eyelash, from his rosy cheeks and red lips to his fingertips. I cried when I saw it and I cry when I walk by it. I need to find the perfect spot in my house and then figure out how to hang it :). It is almost like he is really here, except for the cold glass that separates us when I touch it....
8 comments:
Hi there... I have been following your blog for some time...as I have commented before, your last name is in our family history.
So, I thought the Dam story was funny...and here is a very true version of the Dam comedy. My parents recently moved into a Ward where the name was after the Lone Pine Dam...so, they were calling themselves Lone Pine Dam Ward....members.
When the Stake realized how silly it sounded, they shortened it to Lone Pine ...so,now it is the Lone Pine Ward. However, old habits are not easily lost, and many still refer to their Ward as the Lone Pine DAM Ward.
I am in Phoenix tonight and thought....yeah...now I remember how HOT it is here.
I thought the smelly mop joke was hilarious!
I hope you have a nice day today.
Love.
Oh - I wish I would have been thoughtful enough to call you on Monday. Of course that was a terrible day for you. I'm so glad you have people to call who have been in your situation, who know what to say, and who know how you feel.
I was at swim lessons in June when I over heard a mom talking about you and your family. My heart ached for your family and I tried to imagine what it would be like to endure such a trial. It was heart wrenching just to think about. Then I looked it up on the internet to see if there was a picture. What a gorgeous little boy! It hurt me even worse to think about, putting a face to a name. Then I did a search to see if you had a blog. What do you know! I've been keeping up with all of your entries all summer. Then on meet the teacher night I walk in and there you are with your family. I was so surprised. I also remember you from seminary in high school. We sat next to eachother the year you were in the car accident.
I feel like everytime I see you I am pretending I don't know who you are and it feels silly to me. But I felt like I would be a blubbering mess if I started to tell you how I know you.
I just wanted to say that I think you are a strong beautiful and choice woman. All your thoughts and insights that you share I know are helping so many in various ways. They have for me. Thank you.
Britney, {{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}. I wish I could give you a big hug in person, but my virtual hug will have to do for now. You are in my thoughts daily. ~Allison
What a cherished gift that picture of Daxton must be! I know you'll find just the perfect place for it.
Now for a joke: (kind of)
My hubby loves to make people laugh - especially children.
So, he asks the child if they want to learn their name in Martian.
Of course, they always reply with an excited "YES"!
So, he says: "repeat after me":
Hubby: Your first name means "Owa"
child: "Owa"
Hubby: Your second name means "Tagoo"
child: "Tagoo"
Hubby: And your last name means "Siam".
child: "Siam"
Hubby: Ok, now repeat it all together -- very quickly.
child" "Owa Tagoo Siam"
Giggles ensue :-)
Since you have 2 daughters, the other's Martian name could be: "Seewa Tamoo Siam"
After you groan, I hope a smile appears :-)
I am with Erica, I am so glad that you have friends to talk with who know what to say because they have lived what you feel. Heaven bless you.
Chesley told us a joke the other day that I liked, "Why did the hamburger go to the gym?" ..."To get better buns."
On the verge of being inappropriate, I thought I should tell you how the Siam joke goes in my family...
Owa - Tanah - Siam
Post a Comment