Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, August 22, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I make the best chocolate chip cookies. EVER. It is a "secret" recipe. Friends give me a hard time, but really I like to keep it a secret because I like to do stuff for people. If I were to give them my recipe I wouldn't be able to make cookies for them anymore, because they would be able to do it themselves.... that would make me sad.

I have newly discovered the pizzookie. Well I actually have had it at several places and not really so much new to it from other places, but as far as making it myself? Well I just discovered I can make it just as good if not better than lets say, Oreganos :).

Tonight I made a pizzookie. Life doesn't get much better than hot chocolate chip cookie dough with Hagan Daaz vanilla ice cream. So life is good tonight.

Now, just in case you were all wondering. I wasn't always the best cookie maker I know.... one time when I was like oh lets say 8 (ok really 12, but who is counting), I made some cookies with vegetable oil, now the recipe called for oil, but this wasn't just any kind of oil, it was USED cooking oil :). Let us just say.... the cookies were nothing short of TERRIBLE!!!!

Another time? Well I am just really pushing it here, but well I got a pie filling recipe from a friend and it called for 1 cup flour, some fruit, and some other stuff. I thought it was somewhat weird that there was no sugar in the recipe, but I continued to make the filling. Well I mixed it, cooked it, and then tasted.... once again as you can imagine TERRIBLE!!!! I called my friend and she said oh, it was sugar and not flour. Yeah thanks for SHARING!!!!

Today, I am a bit better at cooking and I know how to read a recipe, which is always a good thing.

5 comments:

Bean said...

YUMMY!!!! Send some cookies my way! I will have to make that exact treat tomorrow night for FHE. I think you are a WONDERFUL cook. Good job Britt!! Also Have a WONDERFUL Birthday this week! We'll be thinking of you. We love you.
Megan

Gel said...

I agree that you are the best cookie maker. We love when you make cookies when we are home or chocolate roll... don't forget that! So thats on the agenda for Thanksgiving... cookie making and just maybe you could give us the recipe since we don't live by you!!! Happy b-day we'll call you tomorrow. love ya

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Could it really be as good as Oregano's?! If so good job and maybe you could sell them!

Hubers said...

So used cooking oil, really? Yuck!!;-p
Glad you got better!

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

I would like to firmly support your title as #1 cookie maker :) Your girls have caught me more than once snitching cookie dough from the fridge when I didn't think they were looking...oops! but thanks for sharing! love ya and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow...I'm bummed to miss all the fun.