Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Concrete

As I sit here looking out the window at my dad who is pouring concrete in the backyard around the pool fence ( I know, I am just "watching" him while he is sweating his guts out in this gorgeous AZ weather of 115 degrees) and I can't help but think about the car he has taken in mixing the concrete. Disclaimer: I know nothing about concrete or the likes of it, this is just my thought today :)

It starts out as little particles of dust, then you add water and it forms to kind of a watery clay like substance. You then need to mix it so that the water completely and evenly mixes. Then comes the job of pre pouring the concrete. Great care comes in finding the perfect mold so that the concrete doesn't spill everywhere and ruin what it comes into contact with.

Concrete is an interesting substance. It hardens to the mold in which is poured. My dad has taken great care in forming a mold out of cinder blocks for the concrete to dry in. As he shovels the concrete into this mold he carefully mixes and blends it evenly. When the concrete dries, it will be in the shape he has so carefully manicured it to form.

I think that when we are born we are a lot like the concrete in its grainy form. We are then carefully manicured and formed through the life experiences and trials we are given. Our Father in Heaven is trying to shape us into the best we can be. All things are to give us experience and to help us grow spiritually so that we can live with Him again someday.

Ok maybe that was a stretch :). Loves to all!!

PS: A note from Stephanie :)
Lastly, I am creating a private blog for parents of little children who have died. Every person invited will be invited as an author. We will all be able to post our feelings to the other moms and dads and get support though comments. It is just different talking to those who really KNOW exactly what this feels like. I have found emailing some of these other moms very helpful. I am not including miscarriages and stillborn children parents in this blog. This is not to say those losses are less significant in any way. I just think it is the experience is a little different and I am limited on how many authors I can add on the blog. If there is great interest among those who have lost children in utero, let me know and I create a separate blog for that. I could be on that blog too. :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi I found your blog through a highschool friend of mine, Michelle Krainich. I can not stop thinking about you and your adorable family. Your words are so comforting. And I am strengthened so much by your beautiful spirit. You have uplifted me as a mother and have helped me realize the grander purpose of why we are here. I wish I could say all the right things to you, but I don't know how. Your family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I would love to put a link of your blog on mine so that my friends and family could feel what I have felt through you. If you don't want me to I totally understand.

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself through your words and thoughts. Like many others, you don't know me, but I am uplifted by you and my faith has been strengthened as you share your faith. Thanks again.
p.s. you and Daxton sure are doing a great work! The spirit testifies strongly as you write of him. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I am so thankful for your posts. Tonight I am left feeling humble and grateful.