This is the most beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, heart felt, truly a likeness to my baby Daxton. I saw this painting and the painter asked me if I thought there was anything I would change about it. Truly she captured my son in every single way. Her talent will forever amaze me. She never met Daxton, only saw a few pictures and was inspired to choose this one. The painting itself is like a 20 by 24. It is huge. It is like having him in my home, I feel him when I am near this painting. His eyes, cheeks, and hands are so real in this picture. He looks like he is looking to Heaven, but really he is looking at me, which makes me all the want to cry. Thank you Sister Miliron. You do BEAUTIFUL work and truly captured the spirit and likeness of my son.I never have really cared for the rain. All growing up, I didn't want my hair to get wet when I went out in it because it would get all messed up. It was really annoying. Then I went to Ricks (BYU-I... I am old) and it would snow. I didn't mind the snow because it wasn't really "wet" per se. It also meant that it was "warm" outside. When people said it was, "Warm enough to snow," I thought that they had all gone mad. Warm at 30 degrees? How is that possible?
Well that is mostly beside the point. As I sit here listening to the rain, I see how appropriate it is for my mood. It is like the heavens are mourning. They mourn for me, they mourn for others who have lost children, they mourn for those who are suffering unbearable trials, they mourn for those who have cause to mourn. The rain is indicative of my mood this evening.
The past few days have been wonderful. I have been surrounded by people whom I love and hold dear to my heart in every way. Except for one. The rain shows my emotions, from the cloudy skies to the big drops, to the small drops, to no more drops as if there are not any more tears to be shed. When I go into my "spot" and bury my head, the tears start out big, the sobs start out noisy, then they go to the small drops with just sniffles of sorrow, and when I have run out of tears for the time being, they stop altogether. Just like the rain.
The great thing about rain is that it stops. I sometimes feel like I live with a cloud over me, so I am glad I don't live in very rainy country, it would do nothing for my mood. When the rain stops, the clouds part and the sun shines through. It always does. It is like God's way of telling me that the sun shines eventually and you will eventually be able to enjoy it. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good sunny day, but every once in awhile I need a rainy one.
12 comments:
Wow, gorgeous picture. Beautiful work. A great gift from a very talented artist.
That is a beautiful painting. I live in Az too and have always enjoyed the occasional rain.
I have to tell you, as I was reading your blog and enjoying the "Angels among us song"(it's comforting since I've also recently lost a loved one) my 3 year old came over and saw the picture of Daxton. When he asked me who the baby was I told him his name is Daxton and he died and went to heaven. He then said, "Oh, because Jesus needed him." Then he ran off to play.
I'm deeply sorry for this trial you have to endure and I think of you and Stephanie often.
What a beautiful, precious picture. I continue to enjoy reading all of you blog posts and I admire you for sharing so much, both sad and silly.
You don't know me, but you are an amazing example! You have gone through so much, yet you find ways to smile, and make such wonderful posts like this one. I check your blog often, your little angel is beautiful and I am sure he watches you from heaven with a smile on his face. Thanks for sharing all you do!!
Wow, that is such a beautiful painting. I am so glad that she pained it for you and you can have a big reminder of your sweet little angel at all times. Thank you for sharing it with us:)
I agree with you about the rain. It is nice to have it fall every once in a while, but I couldn't take it all of the time, like sorrow or trials. We all need the sun to come out some time. It is so refreshing when it does peek its head out.
What a neat picture. Daxton is soo cute! I love his big eyes. I love his name also. You don't know me, and I have been reading your blog for about a week now. I cry everytime I read it. You have such a sweet family. May the lord bless you and your family.
Wow! What a beautiful picture! She has some serious talent and how sweet of her to share it with you!
What an awesome painting. Your loss is on my mind often and I send my prayers your way often.
Enjoy the rain.
Hello Kunz Family~
I came across your blog close to the time that you lost your sweet baby. I bookmarked it, have been reading your blog quite often. I am so amazed by your strength and courage. You inspire me everyday. Thank you for sharing your trial, it has really made me thankful for the things in my life when I was going through an ungrateful time. I too am a member of the church and am continually grateful for the knowledge and peace it can bring in a time for pain. Thank you for sharing.
Heidi Joncas
Happy Anniversary!! I hope you and Doug did something fun and had a great day. It was good to see you last night. Lunch on Friday?? Call me. Love Ya's!!
Amazing!
I loved doing this for you and have to thank my daughter Kristina for wanting to give you this gift. If not for her love for your family I would not have had the opportunity to do this painting of your precious son. Kristina loves you and wanted to give you a gift from her heart. I am grateful that Krissy has found a ward with wonderful women like you. Having good friends grows more important as the years roll by. You are truly blessed to have such dear friends. Laurie
Post a Comment