Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Forever Child

My cousin sent me a beautiful pendant of my Daxton's footprint on one side and his "Chubba Wubba" and his dates. Along with the pendant was a poem. I would like to share it with you.

You are a precious Child
Created out of love,
a blessing from above.
I've adored you from the start, and you little footprints touched my heart.
A single teardrop represents
the millions I have cried.
My life never the same since you died.
I wish you could have stayed longer with me.
I'd watch you grow into all you could be.
Although we are apart,
You are always in my heart.
I dream of a joyful time when
we will be reunited once again.
Thoughts of you make me smile.
You will always be My Forever Child
By Susan Mosquera

These are my thoughts and feelings today.

3 comments:

Hubers said...

It's beautiful.

Amanda said...

truly so heart warming!

Susan Anderson said...

I love poems, and that is a really lovely one. I was glad to read that you like poetry, because I wrote a little tribute to Daxton for you a few weeks ago. Did you ever see it? (I posted the poem for you under the "What If's and If Only's" post.) I don't know why I posted it there because it was an old post even when I replied to it, but I guess it was because that is the post that really touched me and inspired the poem. I didn't stop to think that you might not ever look at it. Anyway, if you haven't had a chance to see it, I hope you will take a look. Your mom, who is on my return missionary mom's list, is the one who told me about Daxton, and when I came to read about all of you I wanted to "give" you something...I already did give your mom a copy, by the way...maybe she has even given it to you already.