I thought I would share some funny "tidbits" about my girlies and others :)
We will start with Savannah:
*Savannah has lost 3 teeth!!! I can't hardly believe it. She doesn't seem old enough to have lost so many. She did lose them all about the same time, so that leaves her pretty toothless.... VERY cute. I asked her if she wanted to put it under her pillow. She agreed that was a good idea, so we carefully placed it in an envelope. Well later on that evening, Doug was putting the girls to bed and Savannah says, "Daddy, I don't want the Fairy to take it, put it up high..." Very funny!
*Tonight during FHE, we were singing a song and Savannah as usual has to get in the "zone" with her full size childrens song book, which seriously is TWO times her size, and then she leads and sings all the words to "I am a Child of God." For those of you who know Savannah, you understand this is a HUGE milestone for her.
*So she started school today and was SO excited! She ran to the bus, tripping along the way, because her backpack weighed two times her weight soaking wet. She got on the bus and promptly pointed to the door and said, "Ok mom, GO!!" RUDE!!!!!
And on to Mikenna
*I was laying by Mikenna on Saturday night and out of the blue, she says, "Mommy, when I start school it is going to be sad." I said (knowing the answer), "Why do you say that?" To which she smartly replies, "Because you are going to be home all by yourself.... but don't worry mommy, you can have my bear." Oh yes, and a sad day it was. Normally I would relish in my solitude, but today was a painful reminder of what was not.
*Mikenna had her first day of "pre-K" today and had a great time. When we arrived at school, I asked her if she was nervous. She said no, but when we pulled up to the school, she said, "Mommy, maybe we could stay in the car for a minute." So we did. We got to her classroom and the teacher was having all the kids line up against the wall with their backpacks against the wall and Mikenna was a bit nervous. Luckily a little friend from church arrived and she could stand by her. After school, the teacher repeated this routine with the kids. Mikenna saw me and I waved her over.... not wanting to disobey her teacher, she looked at me and then went to her teacher, told her, "My mommy is here," gave her a hug and ran over to me. What a girl.
*Today she was playing with one of my friends little boys about Daxton's age and Mikenna said, "Mommy he is not as big as Daxton huh?" I said no he is not, but thought, he will be soon. She is so good with little kids. I think she misses Daxton. She talks about him all the time. "Mommy that is Daxton's favorite toy, huh?" "Mommy Daxton used to go like this...." and then she will show me what he would do.
Me
*Yeah so I went back to work.... It was fine. I was fine when I got there. I was fine when I left work. It was however, VERY sad to only have my girls at the door waving to me in the drive. Daxton was always in Doug's arms when I left for work and I just sobbed all the way to work.
*I have a list a mile long to get through this year while the grilies are in school. I fear I will never get it all done.... so today I did what I could do and ignored the list and watched a movie..... DUH!!!
*There is officially a marker at Daxton's grave. It is not the permanent one, but one nonethless. I went and saw it. It actually looks good. I couldn't stay long though, made it seem a bit more permanent. Not that it wasn't before, but seeing his name on top of his grave.... well I can't really describe that feeling. I keep saying in my head that 50 years is right around the corner, but it seems so long that I will see him again.
*Doug and I had a Guitar Hero standoff, and I must confess, he gave me a run for my money.... but in the end I came out the winner. I think he could sense a little bit of misery and endless wo if he didn't concede :).
6 comments:
You are your kids are so cute! Little kids always say the cutest things! And about guitar hero .. I usually beat Seth as well! We women were just meant to play it!
It's amazing that your girls are old enough to go to school already! They have grown up fast.
Glad to hear how you are doing too.
I love your girls. They say the funniest things! Hope you had a good day today. We love you! Keep beating Doug at guitar hero for us! It's good to show him who's the boss!
Good for you that you threw out the list today and just watched a movie instead. Sometimes you just need to do that. If the house is ever too quiet when the girls are at school.... you know you can call me ok? if you want to that is.
Sounds like the girlies are loving school. Rylie starts preschool soon... she is soo excited!
Well I love yer guts cuzin!
Brit,
I just want to let you know how much I admire you in all you are doing right now. Eventhough life is hard you and your family always manage to find the good! I love you and miss you and you are your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Brooke
I've never commented before, but have been reading your blog for a while. (Your family's photographer, Mary, is a friend of mine.)
It made me happy to read this post today. I am amazed by your strength and spirit. Your sweet girls are so cute (and so big to be starting school!).
By the way, the list will always be there--when you cross off one thing, there's always something to add to the bottom. So, I'm glad you set it aside for a movie!
Post a Comment