Today is my birthday. 28 years old. That may seem young to most of you out there, but I feel OLD!!! There are times when I think that I have had a lot of "life experiences" and that is why I feel old. I actually have felt young up to this point in my life. My husband was talking to my father in law and he asked if I felt a year older.... huh, I feel LOTS of years older.
The last year has been good to me. I was able to graduate from nursing school, get a good job in the NICU (newborn intensive care unit) that I love love love, have the MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY in the history of time. In fact I am so worried for when I have another that he/she won't be as beautiful as Daxton. He is a hard act to follow. And my little baby was sent home to his Father in Heaven. Lets not dwell to long here :). I joined a new "club." I have made some new friends. People I never would have met otherwise, only people I would have continued to mourn with from the other side.
One of these new friends I met was Stephanie (many of you may know her :)) and we were able to spend a weekend together in Vegas while Doug was on a business trip. I thought that I would be an emotional wreck. In fact I had saved up all my sorrows and pains for this particular weekend so that I could let them all out. Well this wasn't the case. We had a great time together with our families. We were like kindred spirits, our girls are about the same age, and our husbands meshed well also (which is SO a plus!).
Doing the normal everyday things with someone who "knows" my joys and sorrows was easier to make it through the day without losing it. I am glad that were able to gain strength from one another. I know that Daxton and Camille were there to watch us, I know they are friends and they probably brought our families together so that we could have someone to travel the journey with.
Tonight in Mikenna's prayers she blessed that Daxton and Camille would be safe with Jesus and that they would come home safe. Oh bless the little children. I am grateful that I will be able to raise him all by himself. I will be able to love and snuggle and cuddle him all the day long!!! I am grateful for the last year, that I could spend time with my girls and my son. I am grateful for the strength I have had to get me through this time in my life and for the testimony I have gained from this experience.
19 comments:
Happy Birthday! You are so awesome! Hang in there- we are all praying for you guys!
Dang it. I remembered your birthday and was going to text you but was waiting until it was a decent hour. You stole my thunder I was going to surprise you my amazing memory. I'm so glad you got to see Stephanie. What a comfort she must be to you. Happy Birthday!
So glad you two have each other. Someone who understand and cares.
Happy Birthday. You always put such great insights on your blog. Such perfect ways of describing things. Thank You.
Happy Birthday! Your families look so cute in those pictures! There is nothing like good friends. I'm glad you guys have found each other!
Happy Birthday, Brittany! We love you.
Happy Birthday, I am so glad you got to meet Stephanie. I would have stopped into see her as well but I didn't belong to the group then. I was though able to meet up with someone I met through blogging who lost her son as well. It was in St. George and it was wonderful to meet, join our families together and feel so at ease like we have known eachother for ever.
I am greatful for all of these women who have helped strengthen us. Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!
Denine
Happy Birthday! I know you don't know me but I discovered your blog Sunday afternoon and read the ENTIRE thing! Of course I was brought to tears by your story and at the same time was so touched by your faith in God. I am a Christian myself and I know you speak the truth and that God is embeded in your thoughts and movements. I can't even explain to you how much you have touched me as a mother and wife. I know God is speaking the words " Well done good and faithful servant" I can only imagine how many families you have brought to Christ. Your amazing and beautiful. Thank you for allowing me to virtually hold your hand in this journey. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts everyday.
Love
The Alfonsos
Happy happy birthday Brittany dear!!! Some happy days are GONNA come to you this year!!! I hope you had a good day. I admire you for your strength and also for showing your weaknesses. You ROCK!! Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday!!! I am so glad you got to spend some time with some good friends.
P.S. I didn't realize that I am older than you!! You are one smartie!
Brittany, I just came across your blog today. You really share your heart. Thank you.
As a mommy, I feel your pain. As a Christian, I am comforted in that pain. I know your baby is with Jesus. Please know I am praying for you and my heart aches for you. A deep ache of a Mommy.
By the way I am from Mesa! I am visiting home this week.
Julie
Sacramento
My heart aches for your family. Daxton is an incredibly wonderful and handsome young man. He's so wonderful, it exudes from his eyes. You don't know me, I happened upon your blog. I belong to your club. It's an awful club to belong to, but once in it you are grateful others belong so you can find some connection with the world. . that someone out there understands, sympathizes and feels what you do. You are a beautiful family. I lost my little James at 22 months of age. He fell from a window. How my heart ahces we are called to go through this at such a young age. My prayers and love will be with your during these difficult months. I would like to be able to go to your other blog. Is it for bereaved mothers? Much love and my deepest sympathy for your family.
Happy Birthday! You are an awesome person and you deserve an amazing day!
Happy Birthday! I think of you (and Daxton) all the time. Is that strange for a stranger? I hope not. I sometimes hug the boys extra tight while thinking of Daxton. I hope you had a good day.
Happy Birthday to you!! It sounds like you had a fun trip to Vegas. I hope you had a nice and relaxing day! By the way your pizzookie looks awesome!
Happy birthday! I hope your day has been wonderful. You are an amazing woman and I am grateful for your insights. It's pretty great that you have accomplished so much in your 28 years. You have been given so much adversity for a 28 year-old and you are triumphing!
Happy day late Birthday!!!
happy birthday! Im glad you had a fun weekend in Vegas and can look at all the good things you have going on now, and the past year! Hope it was a great day!
You don't know me but i wanted to tell you that I love your sweet daughters prayer. Children have a way of touching our hearts and she touched mine. I find strength in you. thanks for sharing your life and thoughts.
Post a Comment