Many moons ago, when I was a student as Ricks/ BYU-I, I had about 15 roomies between the two years that I spent there. One of my roomies was a blessing in my life and taught me many things.
One of the things we all did as a an apartment was say a prayer before we went to bed. It may seem cheesey, but we were away from our families and it was what we had been taught. To have family prayer. So we would all gather around about 11, which was a convenient time because our "curfew" via the honor code was 10:30pm, so we were all home :).
Before we said our little prayer, we would go around and say "gratefuls." Again this may sound cheesey, but when you are drowning in homework, being dumped by boys, and fighting with roommates, this turns out to be somewhat healing.... well at least you can find one thing you are grateful for. ;)
And so began the tradition for all 4 semesters of my time at Ricks. So this month, I am going to remember those times and try to blog things I am grateful for.
2 comments:
I love this post. Took me back to those glory days of being roomies. I remember saying our "gratefuls." It really was a great thing that we all did. I like your idea of blogging about things you are grateful for. I am grateful for you :)
Brittle, I love the idea and all these grateful. I'm gonna copy u. Luv you!
Post a Comment