Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday To my Savannah

I can't believe it has been 9 years since Savannah darling entered into my life. I was barely 21 years old and totally, well for the most part, and thankfully clueless.

She was an easy pregnancy, but it came about that she was a might bit small and so we started having ultra sound 2 times a week to make sure that all was going well. It was. She was just teeny.

When she was born, it was quite a shock. They pulled her out and started saying stuff like, she has asymmetry, she is small, etc...... and whisked her off to the nicu. There she was for 3 weeks, trying to eat, through a tube. She never got the hang of it in the NICU. She went home with a tube in her nose and we fed her for 6 months that way until they put in a tube to her tummy and we fed her for 3 years. You would never know she was failure to thrive judging by now.

She was diagnosed with Russell Silver Syndrome at birth and we went with it. Trying as we may to get her fat. And get her fat we did. Very fat. So fat in fact, I wondered why we still had to feed her so much, but I was new at this and didn't know any different. We did this for 3 years. Occupational, Speech, and Physical Therapy all came in.

All the while Savannah was a bundle of joy. She was always a happy baby, nary a sound of complaint from her. She was spoiled from the get go. Through all the therapies and surgeries and school, she has been a delightful addition to our family. Her story is a long one. Too long to post on a blog and too long to post because it is almost 11 and I have a pounding headache. But a few things you should know a bout my Savannah.

1. She loves EVERYONE. She loves to say hi. She loves to ask questions. She loves to give hug. Like it or not.
2. She has the BEST smile EVER. You say say cheese and she immediately gives you the cheesiest take up your whole face smile. Every. Time. And the best is when you tell her to smile and keep her eyes open. She really can't do it. It's hilarious.
3. She LOVES babies. From the time she was little with Mikenna to Daxton to Isabella to her cousins. She will sit for hours with them. She is so good with them.
4. She is SMART. Don't let her fool you. We have one smart cookie on our hands. She is even learning to read. Honestly, I never thought I would see the day, but she is doing it. She is DOING IT!!!!
5. She is a big HELPER. most of the time :) If I need something (or a lot of somethings) done, she will do it (with some coaxing).
6. She is a good sister.
7. She loves to go to grandma's, get her mani's and pedi's, hold babies, dish out hugs, laugh and so many more.
8. She is a TEASE. DOn't even get her started. She will run you around in circles. She is hilarious.
9. She is a busy little momma, but we love her!!!
10. I wouldn't trade her for the world. Sometimes I feel like loaning her, but she is mine and I love her. She is my friend and my little shadow most most days. She loves to cook, bake, and just hang out with me.

And I can't believe she is 9!!!!!!!!!!

I know I need to post pics but my computer is being lame and I am super TIRED.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVELY SAVANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Suzanne Maughan said...

I love that sweet girl and I hardly know her! But I remember the first time I met her was when I was trying to give my baby a bottle and Savannah came up to me and stuck it right in her mouth and was content just holding it for her. She is the sweetest little thing! Happy birthday, Savannah!

marinda said...

happy b-day savannah!!!
it was fun to talk to you on the phone last night!
love all of ya!!!
max n marinda n kids

Annette said...

Happy Birthday Savannah!!! I am so glad I know her!

The Hester Clan said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Savannah! I can't believe that she is 9, I remember her and Braydon playing when they were only 1. Time goes by way too fast. Braydon still asks about all his friends in Texas, he really loved Savannah. She is adorable.