Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Day

I hope that you all had a GREAT Turkey Day.

Our day started off with our First Annual Turkey Trot. We were going to do the "real" turkey trot but were swayed after we found out the 2 mile family fun run was going to run us $60. Thanks but we have Christmas to pay for and I have already put that to good use :)

The Turkey Trot was attended by all members of the Family.

They were such good sports.... we started at 7:30am. And not one person complained. They all showed up with their happy smiling faces. It was awesome. My family is awesome. Even my aunt with 3 chillens 2 and under showed up. Bless her soul. She is a good person.

We dedicated this run to Savannah. It was for her so that she could enjoy some turkey dinner without me having to stress over it all. Not to say there was no stress, but well it is what it is.

My pretties before the race. Isabella is wearing one of my coats from when I was 4. I am not sure what is more awesome.... that my mom still has this coat OR that she can fit into it!

And the 3 twins with their surrogate (sp?? don't judge) mother.

Overall it was a very good walk. We took about 1.5 hours for 2.25 miles. Impressive. Shaved off about 45 minutes from our walk in the dead of summer. Pretty good if you ask me. I think that everyone had fun. I sure did. My family is the best.

Then off to go on a bike ride with my cousin who convinced me to get a road bike. He was nice to me and led the tail wind and I just cruised behind him when I could keep up. He is pretty fast. One day. I guess I will just have to practice more. Our average wasn't too much too bad from his normal. Especially since we had a lot more lights than he usually does (at least that is what I am going to tell myself).

On to the rush of getting the final preparations for dinner at Auntie's house. I had to work that night so I needed to run outta there and take a nap... something my pretties missed out on. But they sure went to bed early with not too much complaining.

Then Friday I woke up terrible sick. Has lasted a few days. Going to see the doctor tomorrow to see what is going on.

Hopefully you all had a fun filled action packed weekend and are ready for the holidays to begin. We are just awaiting Cyber Monday to finish our Christmas shopping. Should be a party!

No comments: