Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Mommy eyes"

I am grateful today for my eyes. I have had keratinitis (inflammation of my cornea) for the last 2 weeks. What that means is blurry vision, drops every 2 hours (ish), warm compress with scrub am and pm. It is quite annoying.

Oh and did I mention I have been out of my contacts for 3 weeks now. I have had to wear my glasses and NO MASCARA. Now if you know me well, you know that the last one hasn't been a problem for me. Ever. I am not a wearer of the makeup. It takes too much time and lets be honest. I am lazy.

So I mentioned I have been in my glasses and no makeup for 3 weeks.

Well tonight was a special night so I decided to make an exception. Mascara AND contacts. After getting all dolled up (or something) I walked out and Isabella kept looking at me funny and saying, "Mommy eyes, Mommy eyes, Mommy eyes." Like it was the first time she had seen my eyes. Oh I love that girl. She hasn't been used to seeing my "eyes" for the last little while and I guess glasses and eyes are two different things (well they are just that I either have glasses or eyes.... not both.... you know what I mean, or you don't and you are just as lost as I am at this point.) Anyhow, she was shocked to see my eyes. It was pretty cute.

I guess Isabella isn't the only one who doesn't recognize me with makeup and contacts. My running partner has to have his wife point me out every time he doesn't see me in the am with my running garb and glasses. LOL.

Anyhow, that's the long. The short of it, is that I am grateful for CONTACTS and eyes :).

Oh and I am thankful for my husband who set up the Christmas tree while I was at Evening of Excellence. Isn't he EXCELLENT? Ya. I think so :)

2 comments:

jen said...

Missed you today. Need a bike ride to discuss.

Lori Allen said...

LOVE the haircuts! The Evening in Excellence was excellent! Keep it up girl!