Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hard Things

Today, a mother buried her first born child. At just 4 days old. My heart and soul ache for her. For the loss. For the grief.

Hard things stink. A lot. In fact, they smell like stinky pig guts. But somehow we find the will to survive. The will to move on.

I tackled another Goliath today (a certain hill on a certain ride). It was hard. Really hard. In my brain I thought, "I can do hard things, so suck it up and get on with it."

I can do hard things. Even if I have to suck it up and get on with it. Life is hard. Really hard sometimes. And I am grateful I can do hard things. Makes life seem a little easier.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Missing you Britt.

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

Prayers all around today :)

jen said...

Death is hard. These babies--even harder.

And when and where are you riding? A Goliath? Would it cripple me?