About 10 months ago, I was training for the Sedona marathon. I did the last run. 20 miles. 20 miles. Did you read that right? 20 miles. It was awesome. And horrible. And awesome. And hard. And Awesome.
Then I went home, took a nap, and couldn't walk. I had IT band syndrome and bursitis in my hip. I couldn't walk. Let alone run the marathon. Let alone run for 6 months. I took all that time off. I got steroid shots, physical therapy, and I even picked up biking....
Just about every morning that I don't work, I get to head out and go for a run. I am grateful for all the running partners, canals, and many runs that I have been able to participate in. There is something unreplaceable about all the time, conversations, sweat, tears, joys, not so much joys, and secrets that are shared on the canal. What happens on the canal, stays on the canal. Just ask anyone. It's true. It's better than Vegas :).
I am grateful for the health and strength that allows me to run.
1 comment:
and I am grateful you run with me! I agree. It is a blessing.
Post a Comment