I been working the last few nights. I am so glad that I got to work 3 in a row and the Sat Sun combo. I have been in the NICU for 3.5 years and never once worked 3 in a row OR the Sat Sun combo. And here I am. Working both. Ugh. But I am just happy to have a job. Let's be honest.
Well I was able to get off work early on Sat night so I could go to church. I was stoked. On the way home I was thinking about what I was going to make for dinner, that I was going to be able to give my lesson in young womens, that I would be able to hang out with my family. I was just in another world if you will, excited that I could open up all these possibilities :).
It was busy out Sat night at 2am... just in case you were wondering. West bound I saw about 10 police officers and east bound I saw about 4 more. I was on my best behavior. Not going to lie, I have been known to do a little speeding.... shhhhh. Don't tell. But this night I was doing really good because seriously. I know I am due.... and well I would rather not be due.
I came to the light after I got off the freeway and noticed yet another police officer going west as I was headed north. I stopped at the light, noticed him, and kept pondering about what I was going to make for dinner. Actually I was thinking about why I was able to get off work. When I got home, would everything be ok? My imagination was going wild, so when I entered the middle of the intersection only to notice that half way through the light was still red...... ER. Seriously?
Yep. Whose the blonde in the sporty car running the red light in front of the police officer? Yep. That's me. He came up to my window, I immediately start in, "I can't believe I did that. I got off early (early at 2am on a Sunday morning is relative) and I am headed home. I get to go to church. Man, I even slept. I'm not even tired. Blast." All the while I am frantically searching for my registration and insurance.
I hand over my license, am told that it's not that early (early is relative....) and that I really shouldn't be running any red lights. I would indulge more information, but I suppose that may or may not be wise.
Needless to say, I didn't get a ticket. I fully expected one. I even said so.
I am grateful today that I was wearing my scrubs and badge and that he was in a good mood. :)
5 comments:
YOU GOT LUCKY!!!! Blessed also to be off early to deliver your beautiful words that you shared at " little women's" Thank you for blessing my life.
I'll make sure I wear my scrubs more often :)... maybe it will help me in the future!!
I miss you friend. Hugs to you and your babes. ->Amie
That sounds about like what I did last night. Les and I left the mall about 10 min after 9 PM when it closed. I was driving around the circular road that goes around the mall, ready to go out to a main road when I realized an oncoming car was about to turn RIGHT INTO ME!
It was then that I realized I was driving on the LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD!
No idea why. Leslie and I were just chatting away, not paying attention. I swerved to my lane to avoid the car who just looked at me, then glanced into my rearview mirror and there was a cop car in the parking lot right behind me.
Either he didn't see me, or he didn't care because we were the only two cars out there, but it was so crazy.
And I had no excuse like a night shift at work. Just out of it.
Sweet! I totally got out of a ticket wearing my scrubs too!! I had a cop friend tell me, there's something about nurses that they have a soft spot for. Not sure why, but COOL!
Post a Comment