Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ode to the teeth

FOR REALS! Aint she jes the cutest li'l thing ya ever did see? I know. I know. I just can't get enough of her. I don't know if it is because I lost a baby that I just love her so much and I know what it feels like it for it all to be taken away.... or I just LOVE her. I am sure it is both.


That being said..... SHE IS BITING ME WHEN I NURSE HER!!!! HELP peeps! HELP! You all know how this feels. I know you do. It happens. Actually I haven't ever been bitten like this. She is my first 'biter' if you will and it hurtses. BAD.


You might advise to STOP nursing... but I just can't. My heart couldn't bear it. I know. Pathetic. But what can I say. There is something about it that makes me feel so needed and I need that. SO what do I do? I have flickered her mouth (which leads to nothing but crying and more frustration on both our parts because then she is mad which leads to more biting.... and that is good for neither of us), I have tried stopping (and then I just get SUPER full and she is SUPER hungry and even more frustrated), and pumping (but where is the fun in that? I get to pump for 15 minutes, clean up, and then feed her the bottle? Ya. Not so much fun). So what do I do?


Seriously. Isn't she SO CUTE? I just can't get over it. I really can't. Anybody want to lend me $30 to get her picture entered into the cutest baby contest? OR maybe we can have a cutest baby contest of our own? I WIN!!! But maybe you have a super cute baby as well. Hmmmmmm. I feel some fun coming on. I will ponder.


Well I must report that for my birthday I went shopping. Yes. I went shopping. This frumpalicious mother went shopping. And I had fun. Fun you say? Yes. Fun. But I had a personal shopper. Her name is Angel-sent-from-above to tell me I LOOK GORGEOUS in EVERTHING I put on. She put me in 2 sizes smaller than I would have worn!!! And it looks good if I do say so myself. I think everybody needs a personal shopper. Someone to go through the store and pick out all the cute stuff while you swim in the sea of clothes. AND then tell you how amazing you look. Yes. I think everyone needs one of those :). Thanks honey for the "no limit" shopping spree. YOU ARE THE BESTEST. EVER. (Everyone needs one of you too :) but too bad. I get you all to myself!)

6 comments:

Doug_Jen said...

My son did it too and I just stopped nursing for about ten minutes and it only tooka few times. Good luck it does hurt but I didnt stop either to much connection.

Sant Family said...

Okay. I've had 6 biters.

That's batting 1000, baby!

Here is absolutely what works best but it is counter-intuitive. You press the baby into your breast, FOR JUST A SECOND OR TWO and they will open their mouth. You then start over. This has cured every biter I've had.

A couple of them have had to relearn a few times - especially when they are teething and the human binky seems to be a great chew toy.

jen said...

Never tried the press-to-the-breast technique. But Tucker bit so hard he drew blood, and I still kept at it. No great solution, just empathy.
And where did you find a great personal shopper? Nordstrom? That's the only place I've ever had a good one, and that was only once. Love to know the secret.

Bridget said...

Last year I had a sales clerk in a maternity shop do that with me. The choices were fabulous, though they were not ones that I thought I'd be interested in until I tried them on. The only issue I have now is that I'm not pregnant and can't wear the clothes anymore.

I'm glad you had a great experience with your personal shopper.

Gel said...

so i have no advice.. But I want to see the clothes u bought. I need a personal shopper too.... and money to buy them or maybe we just won't look at the price tag right!!
and Isabella is to die for.. Way to cute!!

Ras Family said...

My son bit me a few times. From then on I made sure he was latched really good (and correctly), and it seems like he couldn't really bite me anymore. (I didn't want to stop nursing either.) Good luck.