I have actually been doing really well for the past few weeks. I have had a lot of "good" days and good moments where I actually think I might survive. Aside from being 32 weeks pregnant with a nasty head cold and working 3 days a week, I feel GREAT!! (ya sure :)).
It was a culmination of emotions on Thanksgiving. It wasn't necessarily because Daxton wasn't there. He was never meant to be there. His time on earth is through and he is serving a glorified mission in Heaven and preparing a way for us. No, it wasn't because I thought he should be there. It was a "bad" day though. Just caught up with me and just so happened it was on T-day.
We have a tradition on T-day where we all go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Since I had spent the better part of the afternoon in the bathroom or bedroom trying to hold it together, I was fresh out. I sat and listened to all that my lovely family was grateful for, I tried to think of all that I was grateful for. I kept walking in and out in hopes that my table would have gone, but no they saved it for me.... Upon my return and avoiding all possible hopes of having to comment on what I was grateful for, dad pipes in and says, "Brit, it is your turn." Right.... So my reply was less than stellar. "I am grateful for my family. That is all I got."
What I wish I would have said was I am thankful for this blessed day where we can be thankful for all that we have. Where we can gather as family and eat such GREAT phenomonal food. We had yummy potatos, yummy stuffing, yummy turkey and smoked ribs which ps gave me SERIOUS heartburn for a week, yummy sweet potatoes, Seriously whoever made those a shout out to you SO YUM!!!! And last but not least, SUPER YUMMY PIES!!! Although with all the good food, there was hardly room. LOL. It was overall a great time to get together and eat and be thankful.
I am thankful for my husband, who holds me when I am sad, laughs with me when I am happy, takes care of my girls and handles them with such love. He is our peacemaker, he is the one who can turn our moods around if we are cranky. He can talk Mikenna out of a pouty mood (which seriously warrants a HUGE award). He is the breadwinner, our provider. He is my best friend. He knows my pain, he knows my sorrow. He knows what makes me happy (just in case you forget: massages, pedicures, chocolate, flowers, a long nap, emptying of the dishwasher... just to name a few :)).
I am thankful for my girls. They are the reason I get out of bed in the morning. They are my life. I look at them in a wonderment that they are mine. I can't believe it. They call me mom and that is great (most of the time). They think I am wonderful, which is great all of the time. I learn so much from them. They are so forgiving of me and my faults. They love me no matter what. And I love them.
I am especially grateful that I was able to have Daxton in my life. It was no where near long enough, but I am grateful I had him as long as I did. I have learned so much from him, while he was here with me on earth and after he returned to Heaven. I sure do miss him, but I would do it all over again.
There are many more things I am thankful for, but this post is VERY long!!!! Loves to you all. Hope that you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
6 comments:
Brit, I'm thankful for your insight! You are truly an inspiration for me! When I read the part about not emptying the dishwasher I thought...we were destined to be friends! :) That's the job I hate almost as much as cleaning the tub...so my husband usually steps up! :) You are darling. Hope you have a great day! PS...you'll be getting your little wrap soon. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
You are so stalwart. I love reading your posts. I know that even though you have a great amount of faith, knowledge, and support, it is still extremely difficult. I have yet to receive my answer that it was Lucy's time to go and that she was only meant to be here a little while. I think that I know deep down, but I haven't taken the time to acknowledge and or pray about it.
I can't wait to see your new little daughter who will soon grace your home.
I love to read your blog!!! You are such a strong woman! I am sure your husband must be awesome too. You guys must be a great team!
I am thankful for you, Britt!
I love you Britt! Miss you much - Amie Taylor
Post a Comment