Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Housecleaners. Friends. Chocolate.

Seriously!!! Does the day get any better when you spend it with your friends making chocolate covered pretzels while your house is cleaned by SOMEONE ELSE? NO. I would say that is the perfect day.

Housecleaners. Friends. Chocolate.

Housecleaners. When I had Daxton, that was the first thing I did. Get me a housecleaner. I don't necessarily get her regularly, but it averages out to be about every 3 weeks. There are many things I would give up.... going out to expensive restaurants (ya like I do that), that extra movie or 2, my right arm.... in order to have a housecleaner. It is SO worth it. With Daxton, I just wanted to spend all my time with him that I had, and it was hard with Mikenna too (Savannah was at school). I just wanted to relish in the moment and NOT spend it cleaning. Plus, if I remember correctly, 3 kids was hard!!! Only 2 is harder, but once again, all relative.

Friends. Friends were/are there when I need them most. When I am having a bad day, I get flowers on my door step. When friends I haven't seen for awhile come into town, I get chocolate and a thoughtful card. When Daxton passed away, there were so many friends. Good friends. I am so lucky to have them. Everyone that showed up at my house to clean (housecleaners), those who brought us dinners. Those who planned a HUGE luncheon for all my family when they were here. Those who bear this burden with me. And those who help me get out bed daily. PS: husbands are friends too. :)

Chocolate. Seriously. Need I say anything else? NO. Chocolate cures EVERYTHING. Well most everything.

6 comments:

janalee said...

This sounds almost perfect :).

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

One nativity is better than none. I do not even own one. Very pathetic I know. Oh, and the pretzels sound very yummie.

Hubers said...

That does sound perfect. I wish we had more money. A housecleaner is atop my list baby!

Brooke Hill said...

Britney you are loved. I think about you all the time! I hope the holidays will turn out ok! :)
Brooke

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I have debated about a housecleaner. Just like once a month or something would be nice. I feel like I spend so much time cleaning that I could spend with my kids. I'll have to look into it. You are convincing me.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Oh ya, I'm with you on the housecleaner. I don't have one YET...but it has always been in my plans and dreams.

You are so funny. I would love to meet you someday.

I hope today and the coming weeks can be filled with sweetness despite the big hole.