Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, December 19, 2008

Two Twins

WOW!!! I admire anyone the mother of multiples. I had my aunts two twins (that is what the girls call them) on Wednesday and we had so much fun. From one to the other back to the other I went. There wasn't time for eating, sleeping, chores, or peeing!!!! Seriously. I don't know how she does it.

Anyone can suggest to you how to be a mother of twins, but until you have really sunk your teeth into it (which I nowhere near did), well you just don't understand. I take back all the "suggestions" I gave. Taking care of two babies or twins in the hospital setting is SO much different!!!! For one thing when they are your own, well you just love them more (I know it sounds bad. I love my patients, but come on, its family :)). Maybe I should rephrase, you can love ON them more, kisses, snuggles, all things NOT allowed in the NICU, for obvious germy reasons.

Anyhow, Lilly and Layla were PERFECT. I got a few great pics, but I need to download them to my computer and then get permission from mom to post them. I did find the secret to multiples, just in case you would all like to know........ A FIVE YEAR OLD!!!! They are perfect. They have nothing "better" to do than run around and get you stuff or hold the baby, or feed the baby. Too much older and they lost interest, but a 5 year old. Is perfect.

Mikenna sat on the couch the majority of the day, holding "her" baby Layla and watching TV. She kept saying that her arm was tired, but she wasn't ready to put her down, this is after an hour and a half mind you. She was cracking me up. And then there is Savannah, who LOVES to hold them and keep them awake by singing "Twinkle Twinkle" at the top of her lungs and repositioning them every 5 seconds. Oh and she LOVES LOVES LOVES to change their diapers. Gets a real kick out of that one.

So a shout out to the mothers of multiples, I really thought that I wanted twins, not to say I don't still. I just got a little inkling of the day in the life of a mother of multiples. You get absolutely the essentials done, feeding, changing, and feeding, changing, and feeding, changing (not you silly, the babies) Good luck taking a shower, folding laundry, or getting any sort of cooking or cleaning done. LOL!!!!

On a side note, I got a taste of what it will be like when we have a new baby sister in our family. She won't really be mine. We are all actually VERY baby hungry. I don't know how much I will want to share. We know it will be different from Daxton and we wish it were him, but as it is, we will have a new one and she will bring a new joy into our home. Mikenna, I believe will monopolize the baby while she is home, but if her arms are as empty as mine right now, then let them be filled with a baby sister. :) For now we will just snuggle the twins and get our baby fixes from them.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have been silently reading your blog for a while now... not really sure how I originally came upon it. But i just had to comment tonight. You are beautiful and your family is beautiful. I have often heard the saying, "An angel in the book of life wrote down our baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book, "too beautiful for Earth."" and i have to tell you, everytime I see a picture of your beautiful Daxton I think of this saying. He was truly such a beautiful child.
And this line right here, "if her arms are as empty as mine, let them be filled with a baby sister." Brought tears to my eyes.

Doug_Jen said...

You have no idea who I am but I really enjoy reading your blog adn sharing lots of tears and laughs with you but on another note I do have a set of twins and I think they are great adn sometimes easier than one because they always have each other to keep company, so while you are giving a shout out to all of us for having multiples I would say that you ALL who have lost a child need a shout as I read these different blogs I cherish and squeeze mine a little tighter each day. You all have amazing strentgh and as I imagine it is very tough you all are inspiring people to the rest of us. I know after reading through some of these differnt blogs that our Heavenly Father must know who can travel down each and every path adn that there is a plan for each one of us. I know that it is very hard to look into the future or ask diiferent questions of why but we can never comprehend until we all meet again adn those little angels are very precious and you will be truly blessed. I wanted to let you and your family know that I will be thinking of all of you this Holiday season and hope you all can look for the positive and know that your son Daxton is absolutley DARLING and is watching over you now. I by the way have a Daxton as well. I know having another baby will never replace that sweet Daxton but I think you will find joy. Congrats and look forward to your updates, take care and know that you have lots of prayers in your direction. Also tell your Aunt that it will get easier.

Lisa said...

I have been blog lurking on your blog for a while now and had to comment this time around...I am the mother of twin girls (almost 8 now) and you can definitely tell your aunt the it gets a little less crazy as time goes on! I won't say easier - every "stage" has it challenges whether it's twins, triplets or even just one child experiencing that "stage" - but it gets more manageable. I also have a son who is 22 months younger - that's when it got truly crazy because we had twin 2 year olds when he was born!!! Aaaahhh! I wouldn't trade being the mom of twins though - it's a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

I hope you and your family have a happy and blessed holiday. Your Daxton was simply gorgeous and I know is missed each and every day. Please know I think about you all the time and wish you much love with the birth of your new daughter.

Oh and one of my twins is named McKenna!

Hubers said...

I totally want twins one day....probably when I have a five old! What good advice.

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Oh yes!! As a mother of almost 2 year old twins, it's CRAZY!! But let me tell you, I bet the twins mother felt absolutely BLESSED when you took the twins for a couple of hours!!!! I am sure she loved the break!!! :)

Anonymous said...

As the mom of these two twins I can tell you I was VERY grateful for the few hours I had to go run errands and such. Only problem is that I should have cleaned house instead because I just can't seem to find time to do that.

Thanks a million Britt. And btw, you do have my permission to post your pics if you'd like. Love you.

Angie said...

I loved reading this post. How fun for your girls to be little mothers to Two Twins for a day. I have 14 month old twins and another set of twins on the way (I know, crazy). I kind of wish my girls would be helpful 5-year olds instead of silly still-one-year-olds when the next babies come. :)
But I'm excited for the challenge!

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

As time draws nearer to the celebration of the birth of our Savior, I pray your hearts are filled with peace and hope.

Can you imagine the wonder of Daxton's first Christmas in Heaven?

May love surround you and sweet memories sustain you.