Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, December 8, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

On Saturday, we had breakfast with Santa. We arrived at the church and Savannah was SO excited she could could barely stand it. This is a great thing about Savannah. She gets excited over EVERYTHING... other people's birthdays, toys, gifts, accomplishments, seeing people she knows, riding the bus, going to school, and especially anything to do with Santa. It is great! So onto breakfast. We were in line and the announcer told us Santa was coming in. I knew I had to take hold.... well I seeing that I am like 10 months pregnant, holding 3 plates, trying to appease Mikenna (no small feat), when Santa entered the room, Savannah tossed her plate aside and bolted as fast as she could, "Hi Santa, Merry Christmas. Give me a hug."

He was a very kind Santa and obliged a little girl her request. It was all we could do to hold her in one spot after that, although food usually holds her for as long as she is eating it. After we ate breakfast, we stood in line to tell Santa what we wanted for Christmas. Seemed like forever. We finally made it to the stage where she "cut" in front of another little girl. Mikenna said, "Savannah you can't cut." Too late she was already on Santa's lap telling him she wanted panties, pajamas, and clothes. Kind of embarrassing. Mikenna to our surprise also sat on his lap and although she has told me that she does not want any more clothes because we have too many in the drawers already, she told Santa she wanted clothes.

The rest of the morning was filled with painting ornaments (trying to keep paint off the clothes rather), coloring pages, and waiting for the raffle to be over. We didn't walk away empty handed although my ungrateful children didn't want what they had won..... kids these days, just spoiled and more spoiled... we have grandma to thank for that :) LOL! Overall, breakfast with Santa was a real hit!!!

3 comments:

Amy S. said...

I'm a stranger to you, but I have loved reading your blog as you inspire me every time. You're such a great example of faith and courage.

Hubers said...

How fun...especially for Savannah!

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing, I should have gone with you. it sounds like fun. love you all