Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The White Rose

I received this beautiful poem in the mail, just a day after my 6 month mark.

It is called "The White Rose"

All the earth's mothers were gathered together at God's garden of flowers. Those beautiful budding spirits, who would someday come to earth, were nurtured and tended in the garden. A loving Father spoke to the mother: "See the works of My hands, someday you will be the mothers to these radiant spirits."

The garden glowed with the mixture of all kinds and colors. "Choose ye," He said. Now in the east corner of the garden pure white roses stood as sentinels. They were not as colorful as the rest, but glowed with a kind of purity which set them apart. One by one the mothers stepped forward. "I want the blue-eyed, brown haired boy, full of life and love who would someday be a prince in a grand country."

The garden buzzed with excitement as the others chose their own special spirits, those whom they would soon welcome into the warmth and love of earthly home.

Once again the loving Father spoke, "But who will take the white roses, the ones in the east corner of the garden? These will return to me in purity and goodness, they will not stay long in your home, for I must bring them back to my Garden for they belong to me, but they will gain bodies as was planned. you will miss them and long for them, but I will personally care for them."

"No, not I," many said in unison. "I could not bear to give one back so soon." "Nor I," said the others, "We will take those who will remain and grow to maturity and live long lives."

The loving Father looked out across the multitude of mothers with a longing in His eyes for someone to step forward. Silence. Then He said, "See the most pure and perfect of all the white ones? I chose Him. He will go down and be a sacrifice for all mankind. He will be scorned, mocked and crucified. He is mine own. Will not anyone choose like unto Him?"

A few mothers stepped forward. "Yes, Lord, I will." Then another, " I as well," "Yes, Lord we will." Soon all the pure white roses were taken and they rejoiced in the choices of the mothers. The Father spoke again, "Oh, how blessed are you who chose the white roses, for your pain will be a heavy cross to bear, but your joy will be exceeding beyond anything you can understand at this time."

The white ones embraced their mothers, and so full was their purity and love that it filled their souls with such endearment. Each mother knew they could endure the task. And the greatest of all the white ones, gathered them as a hen gathers her chicks, and the outpouring of love surrounded each mother and child, consuming all the white ones as He prepared them for their task. And each Mother who bore the weight of the 'White Rose,' would feel the overwhelming love of God, as they all shouted, "Thy will be done."

While my perspective now is limited to my mortal human eyes, I have to believe that I new the Father's plan before I came here. I don't know why or how I would have previously agreed to losing a child here on earth, but I know that I will see my Daxton again and that I will raise someday raise him.

As Elder Wirthlin said at this last General Conference, "The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That was beautiful babe. I love you and have thought about Daxton this week big time.

jen said...

When we left the hospital after losing our daughter, the staff gave us a single white rose. Months later, I had Brad plant a white rose tree in our front yard. When we moved, it was one of the hardest things to leave behind. Maybe another tree . . .
Jen

Larsen said...

That was so awesome. I cried just thinking of that times. I can't imagine I was one of those women, but obviously so. Thank you for posting. I might snipe it and put it on my blog!!

Michelle Larsen
Gavin's Mom

The Holland Family said...

I see you got your gift, I'm glad it helped you & I'm glad it was good timing for you. Your little buddy is such an angel. Hard to believe we signed up for this huh? Hugs- Nicole Holland - Mia's mom ^i^

Kami Milliron said...

You don't know me, I am Kristina Martineau ( Milliron ) Sister in Law. I met you once a while ago. I was directed to your Blog and read this poem. It brought tears to my eyes. We were just told a few days ago that our precious little Girl most likely won't survive long after birth ( I am 27 weeks pregnant now ) This poem brought some warmth to my heart, which has been much needed. I can only hope that I was this strong at one point and I hope I can find that strength again.

Thank you for posting it !
Kami Milliron