Today is my favorite husband's birthday (I don't really like my other ones too much :) LOL) and I just wanted to give a shout out to how wonderful he is.
From the day that I saw him walk in from Jack Weyland's class at BYU, I knew that he was the one. It was actually pretty crazy. I always told my roommates when I saw a cute boy that he was my future husband, but it wasn't really true until I met Doug. He walked in and I just had this feeling come over me.... I just needed to convince him I was the one, and that took some coaxing :).
With a few trips to his home in Victor Idaho and a few trips to AZ with the promise of seeing the Grand Canyon, I had him hooked with my dashing personality and witty sense of humor.... Well he had ME smitten anyway. I remember the giddiness I felt whenever he was around. Those were the days :). Now the deep and enduring love and friendship we share that is truly what gets me through the day. Without him? Well I just might as well give up.
Whenever we have an ultrasound of our kids he is always right there. He thinks it is so cool to see a new life growing inside. He loves each of our children, especially now that the girls are so much fun. I remember not to long ago he said that he couldn't wait until Daxton got bigger so that he could play with him. That will have to wait, but we have another on the way (a girl) that he will be able to play with soon enough.
I am grateful that he takes the time to take me out on dates. That he spends time with the girls doing puzzles and giving them horsey rides. I am grateful that he does laundry, dishes, and takes the garbage out. He has helped me down many roads that I never thought we would have to go. He holds me when I cry and wet his pillow (no sense in getting mine all boogery). He is a great husband and Father. He is my best friend.
Happy Birthday Doug!!!!
4 comments:
I especially like the boogery part. Happy Birthday to Doug.
Happy Birthday to Doug! Love you Britt! Amie
Happy Happy Birthday brother dear. Happy days will come to you this year as you see my smiling face!!
I call my husband "my favorite husband" as well. Such an endearing term, don't ya think!?!?
Post a Comment