Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, December 5, 2008

A couple "I remembers" if you will

As I was sitting getting my hair done today (seriously, there is NOTHING better than freshly highlighted hair, ok maybe a few things, but I. LOVE. Getting. My hair done.) I thought of a few things I wanted to write down about Daxton.

I remember when I took him to get my hair done. I hadn't slept in like 24 hours because I had worked the night before and I just had to get this appointment in. So I took Daxton. As I was waiting for my hair to process I fed him in hopes that he would take a nap. Well all he did was crawl around all over me. It was very cute. and Very frustrating. But we managed. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and I was able to get a few moments of sleep before the girls got home.

I also remember very vividly my dad was holding Daxton on top of the kitchen table. I walked into the room and Daxton looked over at me. Dad said, "You know, there is something really special about this little guy." Yes. Yes there was. He was too perfect to be here. He was too perfect for me to raise in this imperfect world.

It is quite a thing to look back on the year he was with us. There was less contention, more joy, happiness, and peace in our home than I ever thought possible. The girls fought less and loved their little brother more. I think we were just all in love with him and his baby blues. How could you not just love him and be happy around him all. the. time.

Just wanted to share

8 comments:

Hubers said...

What beautiful memories! I loved to hear them.

me said...

hind sight is kinda scary huh. I look back the few weeks before justin died and the few things he said and how i felt. i wonder if her knew.

Brooke said...

I like hearing your memories of Daxton. I'm sure he brought a feeling of love to your home that was unique and that only he could bring. I know your new baby will bring her own bit of heaven into your home as well... Not to replace Daxton, but to help you remember him and to remind you he will always be there to watch over you and keep that love in your home that he brough with him during his short time on Earth. How could you not fall in love with those baby blues.

MaRilla said...

Hey britt...Thanks for your posts. you inspire me to be better! I love u. Still thinking about u and just wanted u to know it! I am going to post a picture for you on my blog, check it out, i think you'll like it.

Tiffany said...

I just love those little memories of your Daxton.

Jenna said...

I have followed your blog since I heard about your sweet baby. I am so grateful for your testimony. I hurt for you and I am so sorry. I pray that you and your family will feel peace and strength. I wanted you to know, my sister just lost her baby two nights ago at Desert Banner hospital. She received a box there of a blanket, and a camera and some other things. I think it might have been one of yours. When I saw it I thought of you and Daxton. If it was, thank you so much. It was so neat to have that there so they could take pictures and remembrances. I also gained such a deeper admiration and respect for all of you women who are enduring, have endured, or will endure losing a child. It helps to know that there are others out there that can help her through this trial and know that you can be happy and live life again. Anyways thanks for the box, and much love. Sincerely, Jenna Lines jennalines@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am one of Marilla's oldest and dearest friends. I am filled with such emotion as I read your blog. I read it before a long time ago, but I returned to it again tonight. My heart aches for you and the loss of your little boy. It takes a very strong, very special woman to go through a tragedy like that. Heavenly Father knew that this is what you needed to grow and become like him. I think about Emma Smith, and how many children she lost. How sad that must have been for their family. I think about my own family, and how I hope I never have to go through that. I also think about this world...How i ache when I see what my sweet baby boy will have to go through...to edure. Such a wicked world we live in. I pray every night that the second coming is soon, so we can all live together in harmony. So I won't have to fear that something bad actually will happen to him or my husband. Ironically, his name is Dax too. I know i shouldnt live in fear and that I should live for today, but it gets harder as I see bad things happening all around me. And dear sweet innocent children are involved. Anyways, I really admire you for your strength. How blessed we are to have the gospel to hold on to. to know that we will see our family again and be with them forever. If I ever have to go through a tragedy like you have, I will come to your blog for strength and inspiration. Thanks for posting your dear feelings. I am sure you have uplifted many.

5-against-1 said...

You don't know who I am....I was directed to your blog from another.
I have been in tears for the last hour and a half and I am so sorry for your loss, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you are an amazing woman. I admire you for your strength and your strong testimony. I have 4 little girls and can't even imagine my life without one of them. While reading your blog, you have given me such good advice and I hope to put it to good use. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Heather