Not such a good combination.... well maybe. And lucky for me, I seem to be suffering from both. It will likely catch up to me though, going to bed at 2am and rising in the morning with the girls. Again, lucky for me, we have gates up (a whole other post) to keep my Savannah safe and the girls will just play until we wake up, well sort of.
Anyhow. I seriously suffer from MAJOR insomnia when I am not pregnant, which makes for a good combo because I work nights and sleep during the day and need very little sleep compared to most to function. Nesting? Well I am not really sure what defines it, because I always feel like I need to scrub the bugs and germs (the nurse in me) out of my house and well being pregnant is no different.
EXCEPT. I have been going where I haven't been for a REALLY REALLY REALLY long time. You know "the drawer(s)" or the "closet" or the "room" or the "cabinet" that you tuck stuff away in so people think your house isn't cluttered, but really you are just REALLY good at hiding all the junk that comes your way by banishing it to these unscene places? I have been going there. OH my goodness. Sorting through mounds of toys, loads of garbage bags, scrubbing places in my house I didn't even know existed, rearranging furniture and so many other things I shouldn't be doing.... all at 1am in the morning.
But hey that is when it is quiet! One might think, why don't you sit and read a book or watch TV? Oh sister friend, wouldn't I love to be free of this neurosis I have with a clean and organized house. Too bad so sad, it is in the blood. I have been through the living room (VERY EASY), the kitchen, well the pantry looks like crap but that is a whole other week project, and I do have one more cupboard to go through, but seriously? It is like the devil in there. SO MUCH CRAP!!! Been through the family room, put up all the decor mom bought me for Christmas (THANKS MOM), and well now I just have like 10 rooms left!!! Will keep yall posted on the success of said cleansing.
Typically I have a house cleaner, yes it is a luxury I enjoy. I will give up just about anything for her. She doesn't come super often, but often enough I just have to wipe stuff down and lightly sweep before she comes again. But no one cleans your house like you do.... and seriously? My middle name is side track. Queen of walking into a room with every intention of doing one thing and totally completing another and another and another. Pretty soon I am out of time and forgot what I was trying to do in the first place. Which is why a house cleaner is SO nice. They don't get side tracked in your clutter. You pick it up before they come, they clean, and you make a mess of it when you get home :)
Alas, it is 1am in the morning and I should get some sleep. Although it is REALLY over rated in my book and I still have a little bit of energy to scrub bathrooms. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I guess mounds of laundry and bathrooms are a good place to start. Sure wish I had a good book to read instead as an excuse to just lay around and grow a baby :) LOL. If you have any suggestions of good books, I am all ears.
Good night for now.
4 comments:
I could use some of that cleaning time when I have insomnia. I would keep the entire house up. Anywho books tend to occupy and scrapbooking. I like many of the Debbie Macomber books. She is a quick read not so much on the romance novel. Maeve Binchy is my favorite. I have to not be in a funk to read Mary Higgins Clark or James Patterson. God's humor would be that this little peanut will be a sleeper! Good luck
I don't know if you read the book, Wicked, by Greg Maquire. Lindsay Crayon gave it to me and I loved it! http://www.gregorymaguire.com/books/wicked.html
Oh Britt, WE are two peas in a pod! Organizing is exactly what I'm doing this week...starting with the kitchen. Because excatly how many junk drawers are you "supposed" to have?!!! I, myself have insomnia now that we're expecting....oh boy! Anyway, good luck! I'm planning to send you that wrap and a couple extra little things too! Have a GREAT day! Lots and lots of love...Tif
My mom and sis really like this book called "These is my words" if you are wanting a good historical fiction. My personal favorite is Les Miserables (abridged). It is so well written and thought provoking, but not really a light read, for me anyway. Love you! You are amazing to me...thanks for keeping me around when I'm in town even though I feel I never know what to say when I'm there with you.
Post a Comment