So I don't know how many or you are magic seamstresses or the very creative type.... but I AM SO NOT!!! Every once in awhile I get the notion to "be crafty." Well since I have the unfortunate blessing of having SO much time on my hands, I have picked up a few things.
This year I thought it would be SUPER fun to make Halloween costumes. I had been eyeing some scrubs at the store and thought that that would be fun to make the girls nurses for Halloween. So I roped my friend Trisha into it and we took the kids to buy the fabric.
NOTE: PICK IT OUT FOR THEM... YOU WON'T LIKE WHAT THEY PICK
Savannah picked 'Thomas the Tank Engine' (VERY HIDEOUS), but she loves it. If you ask her what she will is going to be for Halloween, she says, "Thomas the choo choo train." She gets funny looks until I tell them that is what is on her scrubs. A nod of understanding follows.
Mikenna picked out a cute flower pattern... well I talked her into it :). Janey picked out Strawberry Shortcake and said, "Well at least it isn't hideous..... like what my friend? and she says, "Thomas." And Parker of course chose "Cars."
So we began our endeavor of cutting patterns and pinning and sewing. At 4am on Saturday morning, the costumes were complete. Thanks to Kisha and my Grandma (THEY ARE THE SHIZ!!!!!) We couldn't have done it without them. And no folks I don't have a picture. Seriously? I know. Soon, very soon.
The girls all looked adorable and they LOVE LOVE LOVE their scrubs. Which is handy now that they have a pair because I have a BUNCH. And it helps Mikenna wants to be a nurse when she gets big :).
5 comments:
I'm so impressed! Can't wait to see the pictures!
I'm sure they look so cute!!You need to post pictures so we can see!! Can't wait to see them!
CUTE! I wanna see...I'm sure Kenna looks just like a mini you :)
lots of love!
They were pretty stinkin' cute. LOVE YOU.
Yes, not something I will again be tackling in the near...or distant future. Staying up all night is not my thing...as you now know, but thanks for all the help. They did turn out so cute.
Post a Comment