Sometimes I just don't feel like posting, but I know that I should. I want to someday publish this blog and save it for future generations.... or just my own kids as a record.
Today Mikenna brought home a picture she had drawn at school of "baby sister" and Daxton. She has drawn circles around them. She was quite proud of them.
I went to Home Depot the other day and I walked down the Christmas isle (I am a sucker for Christmas decorations) and I completely lost it. I don't want Christmas to come. I don't want the holidays to come. I wish they would just go away all together. It will just be a reminder of what I had last year and don't have this year.
Well friends, that is all I got for today. Maybe there will be something more profound in there tomorrow, but for now good night.
6 comments:
You don't always have to say something profound....sometimes we learn the most from the simplest heartfelt words. Love you
"There is, in the suffering of the highest order, a point that is reached--a point of aloneness--when the individual must bear it, as it were, alone. Even the faithful may wonder if they can take any more or if they are some way forsaken. Those who, as it were, stand on the foot of the cross often can do so little to help absorb the pain and anguish. It is something we must bear ourselves in order that our triumph can be complete." --Neil A. Maxwell
Oh Brit, I know just how you are feeling right now. I am sad that the leaves are falling and that we had to change the theme our our family Halloween costumes because Jack wasn't going to be "Jack Jack" from the Incredibles. I hate it! I am sorry that you are sad. I'll say a prayer for you. You are ALWAYS in my thoughts. I really wished that you lived closer. I think you are so darling! Sending you a giant HUG! Loves,
Tif
It's hard to be profound everyday. I published my mom's blog for her and she loved it. I am trying to do it yearly. Looking back it is a great way to journal. The holidays will be hard. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Hopefully this will be the hardest year you have to face. At least Christmas means it is close to saying goodbye to 2008.
My Bishop and dear friend was with you in Havasupai - he draws on that experience more than I know - in many ways that I don't understand.
I've followed your impressions through your blog since I learned of your loss.
God be with you. Hold Fast.
You are all in our prayers.
I am feeling the same way. Usually Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday, but this year it seems more like a high mountain to climb. I guess the best we can do is find "Joy in the Journey" to the best of our abilities. All the love
Michelle
Gavin's Mom
Post a Comment