Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, July 11, 2008

Random thoughts by... well me :)

So I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. Seems like I do a lot of it, and talking, and writing. I thought I would share some quotes that have helped me through this difficult time in my life.

"The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on this earth. Therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil and we shall have them again. The only difference between the old and the young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable world." -Spencer W. Kimball, Faith Preceeds the Miracle. p. 103

I have always felt that Daxton was a special spirit. For almost a year I gave up everything, cleaning, cooking, laundry, and I just spent time with him. I tried not to neglect the girls to much, but when I was frustrated with them, I would just go hold Daxton and feel of his love. I would cuddle him and coddle him and give him anything he wanted. I just wanted to be near him. I knew he was special.

I remember distinctly one day I was over at my moms and my dad was holding Daxton on the table and he looked at me and said, "this is one special human being who will accomplish great things." I thought about that over the last few weeks and really know that it is true. He truly was too perfect, too pure, and too lovely to live on this earth. I know that now in my head. ( I just need my heart to comply a little better :) ).

The other quote I want to share is

"When a mother is deprived of the pleasure and joy of rearing her babe to manhood or to womanhood in this life, through the hand of death, that privilege will be renewed to her hereafter, and she will enjoy it to a fuller fruition that it would be possible for her to do here. When she does it there, it will be with the certain knowledge that the results will be without failure; whereas here, the results are unknown until after we have passed the test." Joseph F Smith, Gospel Doctrine p 453

I was actually talking to a friend the other day about this. She asked me if I ever thought about Daxton being big. Right now he is in the Spirit world teaching the gospel to others and I know this. But I liked him little. I don't want to think of him big, because I really liked him little. So for now, I guess the answer would be no, I don't think of him as big, because I am not ready for that. I do know that his spirit was too big for his body though. He had a great work to do and while it is not here on this earth, he is heaven making a difference.

I appreciate all the comments and visitors of our blog. I didn't realize how many people actually read it until I got letters or notes or emails. I will try to do better posting. I also appreciate all the prayers and services offered on our behalf. Thank you so much.

Love to all

12 comments:

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Britt
You are truly amazing! I was talking with my sis-in-law about your family and we both came to the conclusion that Daxton chose you to be his mommy because he knew that you have the knowledge and the faith and strength it would take to get through this trial in your life.

I am constantly amazed at your's and Dougs strong testimonies. There is nothing greater in this life and the next than the knowledge of the gospel. You will be blessed. You have been blessed. I love you Britt.

Bradford family blog said...

Hey Brittany
It is nice to see some posts from you. I'm glad you are doing well. I think of you often. Please know you and your family are still in my prayers. And call or write me anytime - please! Love to you... Jaime

Sant Family said...

Wow. This is an amazing post. I had goosebumps the whole time I read it. Every day you've been in our hearts and prayers.

Love, Tif

Melissa said...

Brittany,

I saw your blog off Angelica's and was looking at it. I hope you don't mind. Thanks for sharing the quotes that you shared. I was looking for a thought for RS. I hope you don't mind I'm going to use the first one you shared. Thanks. Hope things continue to process for you. Remember the Lord is aware of what's going on and is there for you and your family. I know he loves and cares for you and your family.

Annie and the Boys... said...

man, i can undersatand why your heart is lagging a bit behind your mind... i love you britt! awesome thoughts for the day,week,year,life...;)

Michelle said...

He gave you extra love while he could...
Hugs to you Brittany, Doug and the girls!

Angenette said...

Britt,
I've been thinking about you all week. What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. Your thoughts are so comforting. I know what you mean. I have a hard time thinking of my little boy as big, too, but I've had many impressions that he is hard at work as a missionary. But he'll always be 2 years old to me. Matt's aunt told us once that in the Millenium, we'll be the lucky ones. I'm very much looking forward to that time.

Bean said...

Thank you so much Britt for writing what you write. You are truly the most amazing woman I have ever met. Thank you for choosing to be in our family-you, Doug, Mikenna and Savannah are such fun to be around. I really had a lot of fun with you guys this last weekend. I love you so much and my kids love you and your family so much. Thank you again so much, it makes my day to read your blog! Love Megan

Pepper Lovin! said...

My heart is with you. Stacie is one of my very best friends. We talked about you on the phone the past couple weeks. She hopes you are well as do I.

Ami Bethea said...

Beautiful quotes Brittany. I will share those with my sister, I'm sure they will help her also. Thanks for sharing.

julie said...

Brittany, what a beautiful post. Those are great quotes, and I am glad that you posted them here. You are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

These are beautiful quotes--and I believe them wholeheartedly!